18-19 Oct: World Cup 9s (TV)

Difference in the sides is the defence.

Aussies look almost impenetrable, Kiwis not as good.

Just as I post it, they're opened up again.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, southwalesrabbitoh said:

How much better has the nines bn compared with the vast majority of the NRL this yr. 10-a-side with unlimited interchanged IMO, 1 referee and NO video-ref.

One one team has had 10-a-side in this tournament. :kolobok_wink:

Moses in again!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Man of Kent said:

Nine minutes per half isn’t long enough for this one! Superb stuff!

I know the short format allows the players to go full-on with less fatigue, but I agree with you. It is over so quickly. 15 minutes a half, perhaps?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Gooleboy said:

Both Finals providing excellent Rugby. Both England teams are way off the Aussies and Kiwis.

We matched the best for power, but that's missing the point of Nines. You still need muscle in the middle, unlike Sevens, but when you think of the really rapid backs who are back in the UK right now, it was an opportunity missed. If there wasn't a GB tour happening immediately after, I guess we'd have sent a different squad.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Nowhere f***ing near.

Everything going the Aussies way.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Just now, Gerrumonside ref said:

Great tournament which deserves a bigger crowd really.

Im totally converted to the 9s now.

Really enjoyed it and felt absorbed by it at times.

It seems, from this thread, that a lot of sceptics have been very happy to change their minds. Some quite disturbing outbreaks of positivity at times.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Great tournament which deserves a bigger crowd really.

Im totally converted to the 9s now.

Really enjoyed it and felt absorbed by it at times.

I think Sydney is just the wrong place to host this. They repeatedly don't turn out for internationals.

Just now, Futtocks said:

It seems, from this thread, that a lot of sceptics have been very happy to change their minds. Some quite disturbing outbreaks of positivity at times.

Can honestly say I’d never seen the format before and would probably have thought how good can it be!

I’ve probably scoffed at the idea of a 9s tournament but can really see the selling point now.

It is brilliant entertainment.

Archived