18-19 Oct: World Cup 9s (TV)

On another note on kick offs... this applies to 13 a-side as well...

why should the receiving team have to let the ball travel 10? You know those occasions when the ball is trickling to the 10m distance and both players are waiting to pounce. In my opinion, the receiving team should be able to pick the ball up no matter how far it’s travelled. Just as long as they have retired 10m when the ball is kicked.

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, YCKonstantine said:

Have you ever seen a messier play the ball lmao

Players have got into the habit of playing for a penalty and it's pointless with only 10 seconds left.

The ill discipline of English coaching (ball security and playing the sets) bit hard in that game. Williams was like a headless chicken... the wingers lacked genuine pace  and killer instinct 

Lebanon were a bunch of Aussie heritage kids... and a couple of journeymen veterans.... go figure! 

That was some of the worst I've seen from players in England shirts. Those Lebanon lads are from reserve grade and lower and good for them.

But what was going on with England filling the team with forwards? And the kick options on last tackle were abysmal. They should be embarrassed. 

Just now, Cake Tiger said:

That was some of the worst I've seen from players in England shirts. Those Lebanon lads are from reserve grade and lower and good for them.

But what was going on with England filling the team with forwards? And the kick options on last tackle were abysmal. They should be embarrassed. 

When you resort to kicks like we did in 9s you should be embarrassed due to lack of creativity.

With elusive runners like Ryan Sutton playing we should be scoring for fun.

13 minutes ago, Cake Tiger said:

Perhaps Wayne wanted some of the players to get some game time. Burgess and Graham haven't played for a while. I can't think of any other reason why they would be in a 9s team.

Archived