Sign in to follow this  
philipw

18-19 Oct: World Cup 9s (TV)

1 hour ago, Gibbo said:

So...

Sevens are really open, more so than the Nines.

Nines are in between, not as open as the Sevens but more open than the thirteens..

🙂

They say the fives are really open and the fifteens are like Union where its nearly impossible to get a clean break.

🙂

So the logical conclusion for max entertainment is one a side .

• Haha 2

On 10/10/2019 at 09:24, Dunbar said:

Bit harsh on Ryan Hall I think that Dave.  Yes, he only played 6 games for the Roosters this year but he is a top quality international winger, powerful and fast and is probably a good fit for 9's.  As one of our best players and a consistent top performer for England over the years I don't think it is too crazy selecting him for this tournament.

I honestly think that selection should be based on present form it is worked for over the season, and should be recognised. Throughout my time watching internationals far to often have those who have had as you put it had a 'good reputation' or even whichever club one has played for has taken preference over the form player's of the season.

On 16/10/2019 at 17:34, JonM said:

I *think* the whole thing was only 100% confirmed by the Aussies in April, well after our season had been planned. It was always going to be a half-arsed England team, same for the French. 

Have France got a full-arsed team?

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I honestly think that selection should be based on present form it is worked for over the season, and should be recognised. Throughout my time watching internationals far to often have those who have had as you put it had a 'good reputation' or even whichever club one has played for has taken preference over the form player's of the season.

In principle I agree with you.

With the wings we have a lot of depth which is pretty useful as we currently have some injuries.

If a couple of the injured options were fit and ready then yes Hall probably wouldn't be on the wing... but when you get to players who are in form but maybe not as good there is some logic in selecting on proven capability.

I think that Grace is unlucky but after him I don't think there are many outstanding candidates to be a better option than a proven international quality player like Hall.

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Have France got a full-arsed team?

The Kardashian invitational XIII

• Like 1

On 17/10/2019 at 07:46, RP London said:

Well thats me scuppered... school drop off time... does nobody think of the children!!!!

Yep every time I have to leave or get back home and the street is overcrowded with cars along both sides making it virtually impassable, and I would wager most of the journey's are much less than a mile, considering how many more schools are in the area.

5 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

In principle I agree with you.

With the wings we have a lot of depth which is pretty useful as we currently have some injuries.

If a couple of the injured options were fit and ready then yes Hall probably wouldn't be on the wing... but when you get to players who are in form but maybe not as good there is some logic in selecting on proven capability.

I think that Grace is unlucky but after him I don't think there are many outstanding candidates to be a better option than a proven international quality player like Hall.

That's the chicken before the egg, or is it the egg before the chicken?

Just now, Gerrumonside ref said:

Yep, poor form that really 

Just highlights how seriously it's being taken in the northern hemisphere I suppose. Neither the RFL nor the WRL think it's worthy of a press release.

4 minutes ago, JonM said:

Not a single story on the BBC website RL section about this event.

There are 28 people actually attending. No wonder it’s not been flagged on BBC radar

1 minute ago, JonM said:

Just highlights how seriously it's being taken in the northern hemisphere I suppose. Neither the RFL nor the WRL think it's worthy of a press release.

Yes, strange the RFL aren’t flagging up a competition that England are taking part in that is being broadcast live on Sky Sports.