Championship 2020

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GeordieSaint said:

Toulouse, Leigh and Featherstone will be the favourites for promotion. Widnes, Bradford, Sheffield, London and Halifax in the pack behind... should be a great competition. 

Not forgetting York who had a fantastic season.

We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

18 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Toulouse, Leigh and Featherstone will be the favourites for promotion. Widnes, Bradford, Sheffield, London and Halifax in the pack behind... should be a great competition. 

I would say London have certainly as good a chance as Leigh and Fev. They've lost some players but have recruited some good ones and have a great coach

5 hours ago, millomite said:

Hopefully it’s Newcastle. That ground Oldham are playing at looks worse than most NCL grounds

Bit harsh lad.

Better to be playing in a ###### ground than having no club.

There but for the grace of God...

With Toronto coming up, the Championship may improve next year. The side who have gone down have lost a few players, so there are a number of promotion candidates.

It's a huge opportunity for Toulouse, the biggest chance they have had to get to Super League. London, York, Leigh and Fev would all back themselves and cannot be ruled out.

In addition to the battle at the top, it should be fiercely competitive at the other end too. 

Not that it is fun to talk about relegation this far out, but, if Swinton can sort out their off field issues, there doesn't look an obvious team out of their depth right now...

I’ve never really understood this ‘under the radar’ thing.

It’s not like York are some secret unknown club playing their games behind closed doors. Opposition coaches (if their team didn’t have a game) were often seen at Bootham Crescent checking out how we played in the weeks before their game with York.

Mentally maybe certain players from other clubs thought little old York would roll over and so didn’t prepare as intensely as they would when playing the likes of Fev, Leigh, Widnes etc.

But anyway yes it should be a great season, will be nice to have another trip down to London and for what it’s worth if someone offered 5th position I’d take that now. It looks an incredibly competitive league and with the new stadium move coming up I know sometimes clubs can take a while to adjust to the new surroundings, plus I have a feeling the player turnover at York will be higher than previous years, which again takes time to gel.

On 06/10/2019 at 23:17, dixiedean said:

In addition to the battle at the top, it should be fiercely competitive at the other end too. 

Not that it is fun to talk about relegation this far out, but, if Swinton can sort out their off field issues, there doesn't look an obvious team out of their depth right now...

It could easily be Bradford if they actually make it to the start of the season and are allowed to continue in this league. Other than that I think the 2 heavy wollen teams will be in the mix for the drop come the end of the season.

On ‎06‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 15:16, millomite said:

Hopefully it’s Newcastle. That ground Oldham are playing at looks worse than most NCL grounds

I take it your haven't been to Sheffield

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

11 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

It could easily be Bradford if they actually make it to the start of the season and are allowed to continue in this league. Other than that I think the 2 heavy wollen teams will be in the mix for the drop come the end of the season.

The crucial thing is not going into administration. If there's no 12-point deduction, we've 13 signed-on players and a good enough set of youngsters to keep us up.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

On ‎06‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 15:04, GeordieSaint said:

Lot of ifs about Fev. Main one will we keep our coach.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Archived