Championship 2020

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Bower Fold isn’t exactly a quality ground suitable for championship rugby league, plus isn’t it a fair way from Oldham (in Greater Manchester terms?). It would be great to see you at Boundary Park. 

Bower Fold isn't a bad set-up for a tier 6/7 football club but I tend to agree that it's not great for Championship RL.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, wilsontown said:

Bower Fold isn't a bad set-up for a tier 6/7 football club but I tend to agree that it's not great for Championship RL.

I think tier 6/7 football is better than Championship RL!!

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I wonder how many Championship games will be on Sky next year, and whether attendances will significantly increase now the team that brings no away fans is no longer in the league 

If you want to bang on about Toronto good or bad there's a thread for it....it's getting boring now ?

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

9 hours ago, Eddie said:

Bower Fold isn’t exactly a quality ground suitable for championship rugby league, plus isn’t it a fair way from Oldham (in Greater Manchester terms?). It would be great to see you at Boundary Park. 

Went to Stalybridge when my lot played them in the Cup this year.

Tidy little ground, nothing wrong with it.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

Right, here’s my way too early prediction. Of course between now and February any number of things could happen and we have no idea how the teams will look at the start of the season. Assuming there’s still promotion, Swinton don’t move to Shanghai and Leigh aren’t taken over by a multi billionaire.....

1. London

2. Toulouse

3. Leigh (Promoted)

4. Widnes

5. Featherstone

6. Halifax

7. York

8. Bradford

9. Whitehaven

10. Sheffield

11. Batley

12. Swinton

13. Oldham

14. Dewsbury

28 minutes ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

Went to Stalybridge when my lot played them in the Cup this year.

Tidy little ground, nothing wrong with it.

It’s fine for conference north football but not second tier rugby league, makes the sport look tin pot. 

31 minutes ago, fevtom said:

Right, here’s my way too early prediction. Of course between now and February any number of things could happen and we have no idea how the teams will look at the start of the season. Assuming there’s still promotion, Swinton don’t move to Shanghai and Leigh aren’t taken over by a multi billionaire.....

1. London

2. Toulouse

3. Leigh (Promoted)

4. Widnes

5. Featherstone

6. Halifax

7. York

8. Bradford

9. Whitehaven

10. Sheffield

11. Batley

12. Swinton

13. Oldham

14. Dewsbury

Top 8 but Swap Bradford for Sheffield. Hard to stay in what order. Bradford have lost Webster and Green in the past couple of days with rumours others also going. I would put them currently as favourites to go Down with Swinton. Dont think the Bulls even have 13 Players for next year. Even WHEN they come out of special measures Who are they going to sign? At mo, I would say Oldham and Whitehaven stand a good Chance of staying up.

45 minutes ago, fevtom said:

1. London

2. Toulouse

3. Leigh (Promoted)

4. Widnes

5. Featherstone

6. Halifax

7. York

8. Bradford

9. Whitehaven

10. Sheffield

11. Batley

12. Swinton

13. Oldham

14. Dewsbury

Brave putting Bradford 8th, they only have 13 players and aren’t allowed to sign anymore atm 

13 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Brave putting Bradford 8th, they only have 13 players and aren’t allowed to sign anymore atm 

Yeah at the moment they look like they could be in trouble. I have a feeling they’ll sign just enough to make sure they’re not in the bottom few but not enough for a realistic play off push. Four months is a long time in Rugby League though so i’ll probably change my mind a fair few times before the season starts.

14 hours ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

Top 8 but Swap Bradford for Sheffield. Hard to stay in what order. Bradford have lost Webster and Green in the past couple of days with rumours others also going. I would put them currently as favourites to go Down with Swinton. Dont think the Bulls even have 13 Players for next year. Even WHEN they come out of special measures Who are they going to sign? At mo, I would say Oldham and Whitehaven stand a good Chance of staying up.

It seems Bradford don't have a single contracted player for next season and it would be surprising if any of those that were contracted for next season will be hanging around.

That destination SL advertising has to go down as one of the most bizzare pieces of advertsing in a long time given what they knew was going on behind the scenes.

14 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

I'd guess Salford

Really Les, not being blessed with money I can't imagine they would need someone else on the payroll Martin Gleeson left I believe because of lack of funding, in what capacity do you think he would be employed, if he was to join Salford would it be to replace someone? Wouldn't imagine for minute it woukd be Paul Rowley making way for fellow Leyther Scott Salfords only loss in the 11 games Rowley has been at Salford was away to Wigan,.

But hey up just thought all teams have to have a compulsory reserve side next season so there may just be some tooing and froing going on in the league.

Archived