Championship 2020

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Really Les, not being blessed with money I can't imagine they would need someone else on the payroll Martin Gleeson left I believe because of lack of funding, in what capacity do you think he would be employed, if he was to join Salford would it be to replace someone? Wouldn't imagine for minute it woukd be Paul Rowley making way for fellow Leyther Scott Salfords only loss in the 11 games Rowley has been at Salford was away to Wigan,.

But hey up just thought all teams have to have a compulsory reserve side next season so there may just be some tooing and froing going on in the league.

Assistant coach - there've been reports that he was interviewed for the job (Diskin was another who supposedly applied).

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I wonder how many Championship games will be on Sky next year, and whether attendances will significantly increase now the team that brings no away fans is no longer in the league 

Can't say that - no away fans - you'll upset some on here! 

Scott Naylor was interviewed only at the end of last week and confirmed that he did not have another role as yet. He is interested in taking up another, but there are only a limited number of jobs for a rather large number of applicants. However as an Oldham fan, I hope that he does get something in the near future, as he certainly deserves to.  

13 minutes ago, Logic said:

Scott Naylor was interviewed only at the end of last week and confirmed that he did not have another role as yet. He is interested in taking up another, but there are only a limited number of jobs for a rather large number of applicants. However as an Oldham fan, I hope that he does get something in the near future, as he certainly deserves to.  

Although reported in the middle of August that he had already been interviewed for the Salford vacancy.......

The next few weeks should be interesting. How will Leeds reserves being called Leeds reserves impact on Fev?? Not just player availability but access to facilities. What will happen at Bradford? Its a tight pitch at Dewsbury, so a big set will make it a tough place to visit if the fans follow them over. Swinton are doomed unless the old board come back with a clear pathway to do as they wished. Sheffield looked decent late on, and rumour has it they will have a real stand - only rumour!! York will follow the normal cycle of good year bad year but wont trouble relegation. London, Leigh and TO will be the full timers and T3 imo, in what order depends on who recruits and starts the better.

16 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

The next few weeks should be interesting. How will Leeds reserves being called Leeds reserves impact on Fev?? 

Just specualtion and I said the same on the Fev forum, but Leeds having a reserves will probably help Fev and is the reason Fev didn't apply for the reserves league. Im sure Fev will now send the pick of their reserves team if not all so they can play as Leeds reserves still giving Leeds plenty of chance to send players to Fev to enhance their development at a level that will be far higher than what any reserves league will be.

On 08/10/2019 at 16:57, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I wonder how many Championship games will be on Sky next year, and whether attendances will significantly increase now the team that brings no away fans is no longer in the league 

I have said it before, so I will say it again, now that TWP are promoted, there will be no Championship games on Sky in 2020, the RFL need to renegotiate the contract ASAP, and find another broadcaster, C5 seem pretty desperate at the moment, I watched two hours of programmes on there last night, and saw two conventional Adverts, the rest of their commercial breaks were filled with trailers for other programmes on C5. Maybe another sport might pull in some advertising revenue?

39 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Just specualtion and I said the same on the Fev forum, but Leeds having a reserves will probably help Fev and is the reason Fev didn't apply for the reserves league. Im sure Fev will now send the pick of their reserves team if not all so they can play as Leeds reserves still giving Leeds plenty of chance to send players to Fev to enhance their development at a level that will be far higher than what any reserves league will be.

no club told by RFL that they wouldn't accept FEV's bid  but your right   all rumors in  FEV suggest some  sort of FEV /leeds conglomerate but we still don't know if it  will  be leeds rovers reserves or FEV rhinos reserves ?? 

as for the championship in an ideal world clubs don't want to get promoted  next year with the chance of coming straight back down to the championship what they want is promotion at the end of 21 so they'll be in SL when new tv deal comes in to guarantee them  some money cos talk is that championship clubs getting nowt or at best very little in 21

On 09/10/2019 at 16:13, sweaty craiq said:

The next few weeks should be interesting. How will Leeds reserves being called Leeds reserves impact on Fev?? Not just player availability but access to facilities. What will happen at Bradford? Its a tight pitch at Dewsbury, so a big set will make it a tough place to visit if the fans follow them over. Swinton are doomed unless the old board come back with a clear pathway to do as they wished. Sheffield looked decent late on, and rumour has it they will have a real stand - only rumour!! York will follow the normal cycle of good year bad year but wont trouble relegation. London, Leigh and TO will be the full timers and T3 imo, in what order depends on who recruits and starts the better.

Just had 2 good years , maybe we are due 2 good 2 bad. ?

3 hours ago, damp squib said:

My main concern for 2020 is that if Toulouse fail to get promoted again they may not have the finances to keep the project going.

one of the major reasons to support a 2 division FT SL with P&R plus licensing, unless we do Ottawa/NY will take up a SL spot soon leaving 10 UK clubs and 1 French - a few years further down and an American league is set up, we end up fighting g to find enough teams to have a comp.

14 hours ago, damp squib said:

My main concern for 2020 is that if Toulouse fail to get promoted again they may not have the finances to keep the project going.

Their 2 playoff games averaged about 1200 , no future with that support.

On 06/10/2019 at 16:04, GeordieSaint said:

Toulouse, Leigh and Featherstone will be the favourites for promotion. Widnes, Bradford, Sheffield, London and Halifax in the pack behind... should be a great competition. 

Toulouse will be struggling unless they bring in some new players. As many commentators have said in this forum that they are too lightweight at the moment. Plenty of flair, but lacking in the basic forward play.

They've lost Tyler Hepi and Dean Parata already, and another name is about to depart. Ilias Bergal after his injury at Fev will probably play no part in next season and Marion will probably not start training again until after the new year. They need a hooker and quick.

A nice new ground to play at though which could bring in the union supporters for when Toulouse (15's) play away at the weekend. There were 6000 there for the Toronto match this last season.

It would be nice to see something happen to the squad deadlines to prevent certain teams bringing in a whole new squad for the last few months of the season.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

7 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

Their 2 playoff games averaged about 1200 , no future with that support.

In the Championship I agree, but that's more than Catalans were drawing before they entered SL and now they're pushing 10,000.

Toulouse should have been admitted on the Catalans model which is tried and tested and was a complete success. In this system they're going to wither away, which maybe was the plan from the start.

6 hours ago, kiggy said:

Toulouse will be struggling unless they bring in some new players. As many commentators have said in this forum that they are too lightweight at the moment. Plenty of flair, but lacking in the basic forward play.

They've lost Tyler Hepi and Dean Parata already, and another name is about to depart. Ilias Bergal after his injury at Fev will probably play no part in next season and Marion will probably not start training again until after the new year. They need a hooker and quick.

A nice new ground to play at though which could bring in the union supporters for when Toulouse (15's) play away at the weekend. There were 6000 there for the Toronto match this last season.

I hear that other player could be heading London's way

On 06/10/2019 at 15:16, millomite said:

Hopefully it’s Newcastle. That ground Oldham are playing at looks worse than most NCL grounds

Sheffield, on the other hand...........................................

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 08/10/2019 at 08:54, The Blues Ox said:

It could easily be Bradford if they actually make it to the start of the season and are allowed to continue in this league. Other than that I think the 2 heavy wollen teams will be in the mix for the drop come the end of the season.

Oldham and Swinton will be strong favourites for the drop, rightly or wrongly. Batley and Dewsbury will obviously feature in that mix but so might Bradford and even Widnes. Whitehaven will be dark horses - great or awful, who knows.

Will all of the clubs make it to the first week of the season though?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 09/10/2019 at 15:37, Logic said:

Union, then?

Archived