Championship 2020

5 hours ago, damp squib said:

In the Championship I agree, but that's more than Catalans were drawing before they entered SL and now they're pushing 10,000.

Toulouse should have been admitted on the Catalans model which is tried and tested and was a complete success. In this system they're going to wither away, which maybe was the plan from the start.

I don’t get that they should be in super league. There are routes to get in but you have to be good enough 

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, DEANO said:

I don’t get that they should be in super league. There are routes to get in but you have to be good enough 

They'll never be good enough when they have to waste money paying for teams to fly over and stay in Toulouse instead of investing in their team. Toulouse don't have a billionaire backer like Toronto.

Teams outside the north of England are at a complete disadvantage unless they have mega money.

16 minutes ago, damp squib said:

They'll never be good enough when they have to waste money paying for teams to fly over and stay in Toulouse instead of investing in their team. Toulouse don't have a billionaire backer like Toronto.

Teams outside the north of England are at a complete disadvantage unless they have mega money.

How long have they had to do this?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 10/10/2019 at 08:51, The Blues Ox said:

Just specualtion and I said the same on the Fev forum, but Leeds having a reserves will probably help Fev and is the reason Fev didn't apply for the reserves league. Im sure Fev will now send the pick of their reserves team if not all so they can play as Leeds reserves still giving Leeds plenty of chance to send players to Fev to enhance their development at a level that will be far higher than what any reserves league will be.

Sutcliffe and McClelland show great promise but won't get a game with Rhinos at the start until injuries hit the squad, but  they need to be playing for Fev, not in the reserves. Luke Briscoe will probably be back with them too until he's needed back at Headingley? What Fev do if players like these are recalled will determine their season, but Longo and Campbell have a good track record at bringing quality players in.

11 hours ago, Steve Slater said:

Sutcliffe and McClelland show great promise but won't get a game with Rhinos at the start until injuries hit the squad, but  they need to be playing for Fev, not in the reserves. Luke Briscoe will probably be back with them too until he's needed back at Headingley? What Fev do if players like these are recalled will determine their season, but Longo and Campbell have a good track record at bringing quality players in.

One big issue will be how a new coach manages your star player.

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

On 12/10/2019 at 21:03, dunno much said:

And Im hearing another player heading to Catalans

Yes, although he won't be missed as much, defence he is OK, offence is a bit naff. Maybe a new coach can get his head sorted

1 hour ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

I think you're getting your teams beginning 'To' mixed up.........

Indeed. I don't recall Toulouse or Catalans ever having to subsidise travel for clubs, nor should they.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived