Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bartholemew Smythe

Championship 2020

On ‎06‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 15:16, millomite said:

Hopefully it’s Newcastle. That ground Oldham are playing at looks worse than most NCL grounds

I take it your haven't been to Sheffield

• Like 2

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

11 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

It could easily be Bradford if they actually make it to the start of the season and are allowed to continue in this league. Other than that I think the 2 heavy wollen teams will be in the mix for the drop come the end of the season.

The crucial thing is not going into administration. If there's no 12-point deduction, we've 13 signed-on players and a good enough set of youngsters to keep us up.

• Like 1

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

On ‎06‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 15:04, GeordieSaint said:

Toulouse, Leigh and Featherstone will be the favourites for promotion. Widnes, Bradford, Sheffield, London and Halifax in the pack behind... should be a great competition. 

Lot of ifs about Fev. Main one will we keep our coach.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Bower Fold isn’t exactly a quality ground suitable for championship rugby league, plus isn’t it a fair way from Oldham (in Greater Manchester terms?). It would be great to see you at Boundary Park. 

Bower Fold isn't a bad set-up for a tier 6/7 football club but I tend to agree that it's not great for Championship RL.

1 hour ago, Trojan said:

Lot of ifs about Fev. Main one will we keep our coach.

No chance he's off..... was lined up for Leeds no2 but got offers from Oz now to consider apparently..... haven't we already interviewed Webster 

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

5 minutes ago, tuutaisrambo said:

No chance he's off..... was lined up for Leeds no2 but got offers from Oz now to consider apparently..... haven't we already interviewed Webster 

As in the awful ex-Wakefield and Hull KR coach, Webster? If so, commiserations. 

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Bower Fold isn’t exactly a quality ground suitable for championship rugby league, plus isn’t it a fair way from Oldham (in Greater Manchester terms?). It would be great to see you at Boundary Park. 

Yes Boundary park would be OK but Bower Fold was used the last time Oldham were in the Championship. It's also 5 miles away from the current ground - exactly the same distance as the AJ Bell Stadium is from Salford''s former ground at The Willows.

• Like 2

What are the costs involved with playing at Stalybridge instead of where they’ve played this year? I guess the overall attendances would increase but I wonder how Home fan attendance is affected, if in any way and how much rent, costs etc compare to the ground they’ve been at this year.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

As in the awful ex-Wakefield and Hull KR coach, Webster? If so, commiserations. 

Yes...looks a done deal....guess we'll see if it works out but I'm not seeing loads of optimism over the appointment

Where's Scott Naylor going?

[Wishful Thinking]

Edited by Wolford6

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

I think Ryan Carr will have the top job at Leeds by 2021.

Wouldn't be surprised if Leeds had a hand in Webster coming to us.........Does he get on well with Agar?

6 hours ago, wilsontown said:

Bower Fold isn't a bad set-up for a tier 6/7 football club but I tend to agree that it's not great for Championship RL.

I think tier 6/7 football is better than Championship RL!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I wonder how many Championship games will be on Sky next year, and whether attendances will significantly increase now the team that brings no away fans is no longer in the league 

If you want to bang on about Toronto good or bad there's a thread for it....it's getting boring now 👍

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Eddie said:

Went to Stalybridge when my lot played them in the Cup this year.

Tidy little ground, nothing wrong with it.

• Like 5

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

Right, here’s my way too early prediction. Of course between now and February any number of things could happen and we have no idea how the teams will look at the start of the season. Assuming there’s still promotion, Swinton don’t move to Shanghai and Leigh aren’t taken over by a multi billionaire.....

1. London

2. Toulouse

3. Leigh (Promoted)

4. Widnes

5. Featherstone

6. Halifax

7. York

8. Bradford

9. Whitehaven

10. Sheffield

11. Batley

12. Swinton

13. Oldham

14. Dewsbury

28 minutes ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

Went to Stalybridge when my lot played them in the Cup this year.

Tidy little ground, nothing wrong with it.

It’s fine for conference north football but not second tier rugby league, makes the sport look tin pot. 

• Confused 1

31 minutes ago, fevtom said:

Right, here’s my way too early prediction. Of course between now and February any number of things could happen and we have no idea how the teams will look at the start of the season. Assuming there’s still promotion, Swinton don’t move to Shanghai and Leigh aren’t taken over by a multi billionaire.....

1. London

2. Toulouse

3. Leigh (Promoted)

4. Widnes

5. Featherstone

6. Halifax

7. York

8. Bradford

9. Whitehaven

10. Sheffield

11. Batley

12. Swinton

13. Oldham

14. Dewsbury

Top 8 but Swap Bradford for Sheffield. Hard to stay in what order. Bradford have lost Webster and Green in the past couple of days with rumours others also going. I would put them currently as favourites to go Down with Swinton. Dont think the Bulls even have 13 Players for next year. Even WHEN they come out of special measures Who are they going to sign? At mo, I would say Oldham and Whitehaven stand a good Chance of staying up.

45 minutes ago, fevtom said:

1. London

2. Toulouse

3. Leigh (Promoted)

4. Widnes

5. Featherstone

6. Halifax

7. York

8. Bradford

9. Whitehaven

10. Sheffield

11. Batley

12. Swinton

13. Oldham

14. Dewsbury

Brave putting Bradford 8th, they only have 13 players and aren’t allowed to sign anymore atm 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Brave putting Bradford 8th, they only have 13 players and aren’t allowed to sign anymore atm 

Yeah at the moment they look like they could be in trouble. I have a feeling they’ll sign just enough to make sure they’re not in the bottom few but not enough for a realistic play off push. Four months is a long time in Rugby League though so i’ll probably change my mind a fair few times before the season starts.