Right then, on to 2020!

Private Baldrick

Now that our 2019 season's journey has come to an end, a season no one would have predicted 9 months ago, let us now turn towards 2020 and what we expect/want to happen before the kick off next year.

A few immediate things that will definitely be upper most are:-

The departure of Ryan Carr?

His replacement?

Any further signings?

Any confirmation on whether any of our brilliant DR players will be at Leeds next year for us to utilise again?

Are we still upgrading the floodlights?

Will they announce before kick off which way we are playing?

Thoughts anyone?

I think the difference for 2020 is we have a good Team on the books ready to go with a good possibility of adding good players to it.When I get back off holiday I am gonna buy a membership card which is a first for me for 10 years so it maybe due to our success that we may get more season tickets being sold fingers crossed.The futures so bright that I have to wear shades.

Think Ryan Carrs future will be the big one, if he stays, i expect Fev to go close and be a genuine chance of winning the championship next season. Whats happening with him? Im seeing...Back to Oz, Assistant at Leeds and Longo reminding people he's still contracted to Fev.

If Carr leaves, iv heard James Webster mentioned, im a bit weary about this, not because he's a bad coach, i havnt got a clue if he's good or bad, i just hope, if it is Webster, he's appointed for the right reasons. He's very close to Agar and my worry is that itl have our fingerprints on it. Our partnership has flourished because its been a partnership, both clubs have helped each other, we'v worked closely, worked well and its been MUTUALLY beneficial, just hope we'v not give webster the big sale to Campbell with a view to how it helps us. I could be way off but its a worry i have.

Susino and Minns are very good signings and im pretty sure, apart from Goulding, you'l see the Duel Reg lads nxt season, one or 2 other outstanding prospects you'l see a lot of aswel imo.

2 hours ago, Private Baldrick said:

Now that our 2019 season's journey has come to an end, a season no one would have predicted 9 months ago, let us now turn towards 2020 and what we expect/want to happen before the kick off next year.

A few immediate things that will definitely be upper most are:-

The departure of Ryan Carr?

His replacement?

Any further signings?

Any confirmation on whether any of our brilliant DR players will be at Leeds next year for us to utilise again?

Are we still upgrading the floodlights?

Will they announce before kick off which way we are playing?

Thoughts anyone?

Would be great to know which end we are playing to in enough time to switch ends. 

Suspect we may have a few pieces of bad news to absorb in the next few weeks but on the whole the future looks bright. One of the first things Davide Longo said in both interviews recently published about the Carr situation was that his family situation would play a part in any end-of-season discussion, I don't think it will be a great surprise if he isn't with us next season. Rumours suggest King, Makatoa, Walters and one or two others won't be with us, Ash Golding's interview last night seemed to be a farewell one and he's strongly linked with Huddersfield.

Don't know what the plans are for Sutcliffe and McLelland next season (though Gale's arrival at Leeds makes McLelland's situation difficult to call) but Leeds will presumably have other options still available to us next season, will be interesting to see if Broadbent returns to Batley once his jaw is fixed, but most of their other up-and-comers seem to be forwards not backs.

Presumably we are in a reasonably sound financial situation, like Les Tonks' Drop Goal I'm not sure if we get 2nd or 5th placed prize money but add that to four handy shared gates from the play-offs plus the thriving Squad Builder which is currently bringing in £2.3k per month and you'd like to think we'd be in a handy situation for the inevitable series of players who will be released from other clubs once the dust settles on the season.

I think it’s safe to say most of the players who have not signed new deals will be leaving. I think squad wise we are in a good place this season has shown there some gems available down under if you look for them. If Carr does leave particularly to go back down under he may be in a position to recommend a player or two although I would imagine the new coach will want to have his say.

Louis jouffret will leave you underwhelmed folk

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Just goes missing. Fast in support and knows the game but only effective if in front

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

16 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

McLelland quoted in League Express says he doesn't know what he's doing next season but "If I am playing here at Fev obviously I'll be happy and if I'm playing at Leeds I'll be happy too."

Matthew Shaw in LE also states that James Webster "will coach Featherstone Rovers next season."

You can tell McLelland loves it at Fev. Fans love him as well.

23 minutes ago, Cardypaul said:

So speaking of next year does anyone know what the state of Day’s injury? I have heard rumours he has done his ACL but not sure if there’s any truth in them but if it is true will miss the first half of the season.

He was training with the first team squad without strapping on his leg prior to the Toronto game. 

1 hour ago, hrtbps said:

He was training with the first team squad without strapping on his leg prior to the Toronto game. 

Yes, there was a photo of him on Fev's social media lifting a (small) weight with his knees bent. Maybe appearances can be deceptive but it didn't look like the actions of someone with a serious knee injury. Am no medical expert however.

2 hours ago, hrtbps said:

I would be doubtful about any player that needed to strap on his leg, even if it were only one of them.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

we've had a great season  and long may it continue but the ideal scenarios would be for FEV  to get  promotion at the end of 21 season  be in super greed when new tv deal arrives   get some guaranteed money because  lot's  of talk championship clubs getting nowt

Archived