Questionnaire for dissertation based on RL

Doing my dissertation based on rugby league and its identity - 1 part of it involves a questionnaire, it takes 2 minutes to fill out - attached is some additional info - would appreciate anyone who would you be willing to fill it out - thankyou ?  

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/HXXBMPN

Participant_information_form_ONLINEquestionnaireheader_dissertation.docx

Done.

On your first question on gender though, there is no point in having the option 'Other (Specify)' if there is no text field to specify.

p.s. for all the comedians out there, I'm not asking for me, or for a friend... just pointing out best practice in survey writing

yours

Mr/Miss/Mrs/Ms Dunbar

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

23 hours ago, GeorgeHodgkinson said:

Doing my dissertation based on rugby league and its identity - 1 part of it involves a questionnaire, it takes 2 minutes to fill out - attached is some additional info - would appreciate anyone who would you be willing to fill it out - thankyou ?  

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/HXXBMPN

Participant_information_form_ONLINEquestionnaireheader_dissertation.docx 49.44 kB · 18 downloads

Done.. 

Would be interesting to break down the area you are from .. I'm from Yorkshire and the humber but Sheffield so outside the "heartlands".. but good going and will be interesting for you to post your findings, in short, here too.

2 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Done.

On your first question on gender though, there is no point in having the option 'Other (Specify)' if there is no text field to specify.

p.s. for all the comedians out there, I'm not asking for me, or for a friend... just pointing out best practice in survey writing

yours

Mr/Miss/Mrs/Ms Dunbar

you missed out ""Non Binary" Dunbar" too in your sign off.

1 minute ago, RP London said:

you missed out ""Non Binary" Dunbar" too in your sign off.

I just checked and apparently there are 58 different gender descriptors on Facebook now.

Anyway, that is a can of worms for a Rugby forum and I really did only point it out in the interests of the survey itself.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

3 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I just checked and apparently there are 58 different gender descriptors on Facebook now.

Anyway, that is a can of worms for a Rugby forum and I really did only point it out in the interests of the survey itself.

yeah but now you've opened them.... :kolobok_ph34r:

6 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I read recently about someone who insists on being called ‘They’ as they decide each day if they’re going to be a man or a woman. I didn’t see that as an option. 

9 minutes ago, RP London said:

yeah but now you've opened them.... :kolobok_ph34r:

I know.  And I regret it.

18 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Well that's understandable cos sometimes I don't think I'm here but I'm pretty sure farmduck is real. ?

never seen you both in the same place at the same time though. 

13 hours ago, Reverend Ram said:

Done - though you are not the first to venture into RL as for some long forgotten reason I have a copy of a dissertation done by some London chap on the impact of RL in London.....good luck with the research.

I did mine on London RL in the 1930s as part of my History degree.

Archived