Super League Awards

Oh Christ. Is this the one where they've encouraged the players to show off thei 'individual style'?.. I feel sorry for the WAGS.

that being said, I never wear socks. ?

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

9 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

Oh Christ. Is this the one where they've encouraged the players to show off thei 'individual style'?.. I feel sorry for the WAGS.

that being said, I never wear socks. ?

Joking aside nice to see they’re making a bit more of the ceremony and giving it a bit of a bigger profile this year

4 minutes ago, Red Willow said:

How did Watson not win coach of the year???

I tend to agree - I’d have gone for Watson too. 

I guess Saints’ utterly dominate league season persuaded the judges.

(They’ll have egg on their faces on Saturday if Salford win though!)

31 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Seem some pics on instagram, my biggest question, when did socks go out of fashion?

Fashions go around and come around - in central London, I see a lot of women in Nineties-style ripped jeans, while the young men have gone a bit Andrew Ridgeley, with enough exposed ankle to make a Victorian dowager faint clean away.

Neither were a good look the first time around, but what can you do?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Super League Twitter account is doing a pretty good job of announcing the awards... looks very professional. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/superleague?lang=en

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

6 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Decent show, that. 13k views of the live stream on Betfred’s Facebook isn’t too shabby either. 

Yes, that's a pretty good number.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

3 minutes ago, costa said:

I watched on Ourleague. Very slick. 

They’ve done a good job with Man of Steel this year.

Judging by the number of comments (how gutted are Salford fans about Holbrook winning coach of the year?!), I can see the awards show going from strength to strength after tonight. 

No Gethin Jones again though, pls. 

While as a Saints fan I wouldn't have been at all upset at Watson winning the coach of the year award, I don't understand how any fan of any other club can begrudge Holbrook winning it given that he's taken Saints to two finals this year, won the LLS by a record 16 points, lost only three games all season (better than the fabulous 2006 team) and has coached the stand out team of 2019, a team that has played entertaining rugby as well as defensively sound rugby. 

Well done to Watson for getting his team to the Grand Final, a first for Salford in the Superleague era.  Well done Holbrook for winning the Coach of the Year and for bringing entertaining, happy rugby back to Saints after many turgid years.

Well done too to Jackson Hastings for picking up Man of Steel award.  He fully deserves it.

Well done to Matty Lees for winning Young Player.  He fully deserves it.

Well done Tommy Makinson for scoring the most tries, some of which have been the most outstanding tries I have ever seen scored and I still don't know how he managed to score some of them!

In fact, well done to all the award winners, even Warrington for winning a gong.  I don't begrudge them that award at all. ? 

There ain’t many coaches that could have done what Watson have done this year with the resources he had available.

Holbrook well ....with his squad back room staff etc... and in a year when the other big clubs failed to perform.  I’m guessing there are a few other coaches that would have fancied their chances.

If you’d have swapped coaches only one would have matched the others results this year. 

I did like the new format of the awards, it worked well. Possibly aside from Ian Watson's name being chanted when Holbrook collected his award, which was disrespectful.

Don't get me wrong either Holbrook or Watson would have been worthy winners, but that didn't look good.

Hastings a deserved Man of Steel, who conducts himself with class on and off the field. I'm really gutted he's going to Wigan next year, because I do quite like him!

44 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

While as a Saints fan I wouldn't have been at all upset at Watson winning the coach of the year award, I don't understand how any fan of any other club can begrudge Holbrook winning it given that he's taken Saints to two finals this year, won the LLS by a record 16 points, lost only three games all season (better than the fabulous 2006 team) and has coached the stand out team of 2019, a team that has played entertaining rugby as well as defensively sound rugby. 

Well done to Watson for getting his team to the Grand Final, a first for Salford in the Superleague era.  Well done Holbrook for winning the Coach of the Year and for bringing entertaining, happy rugby back to Saints after many turgid years.

Well done too to Jackson Hastings for picking up Man of Steel award.  He fully deserves it.

Well done to Matty Lees for winning Young Player.  He fully deserves it.

Well done Tommy Makinson for scoring the most tries, some of which have been the most outstanding tries I have ever seen scored and I still don't know how he managed to score some of them!

In fact, well done to all the award winners, even Warrington for winning a gong.  I don't begrudge them that award at all. ? 

Saints had a dominant team last year and so this year is a slight improvement on last, that's obviously a good thing coaching wise and props to Holbrook for that. However Watson's improvement of Salford is several orders greater. Also, Holbrook at time of choosing failed to win the one major comp on offer, if and that's a big if Saints don't win, then the choosing of Holbrook will be an even bigger embaressment than it already is.

10 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

I did like the new format of the awards, it worked well. Possibly aside from Ian Watson's name being chanted when Holbrook collected his award, which was disrespectful.

Don't get me wrong either Holbrook or Watson would have been worthy winners, but that didn't look good.

Hastings a deserved Man of Steel, who conducts himself with class on and off the field. I'm really gutted he's going to Wigan next year, because I do quite like him!

If that happened, that’s proper small time. 

Archived