Women's GF at St Helens on a Friday :/

Is this designed to keep fans away? Castleford who have got the biggest crowds of the year, and Leeds, travelling to St Helens on a Friday night? It was obvious Cas would be in it. Why didn't they just play it at Headingley or Huddersfield? St Helens is not renowned for turning up for neutral games.

Was it just a lazy hope Saints women would reach the final? If so, that is poor.

It was originally scheduled for Headingley.

https://www.therhinos.co.uk/2019/03/08/emerald-headingley-to-hosts-womens-grand-final-day/

Then the date got moved and it was taken away and moved to Saints. I'd assumed this was because Headingley wasn't available on the new date - that might still be the case for something else but there aren't any sporting events on Friday as far as I can see.

The game was moved to Friday from Sunday the 13th to allow players to play in both the Grand Final and also play in the World 9's as the teams travel out to Sydney on the 12th.

As the 9's is a great chance for the players to represent their country I think this is a sensible decision.

The choice of venue is another matter of course.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

I was told they had sold a couple of thousand tickets before the semi finals

as the link above states it's  unfortunate but there were two teams either side of the Pennines so they weren't to know who would make it

Archived