Where are we playing and who is the new coach?

jroyales

I might have missed something but I haven't seen anything about where we are playing next season and who will be our new coach.

Rumour as it Matt Diskin  for coach and there has been talk about FC United's ground down at the end of Broadway as our ground. Obviously, Stalybridge has been mentioned has as Boundary Park.

9 hours ago, herbie said:

Really disappointed if its true about Stalybridge.

Would have loved the club to have built on all the positives from sunday and made a massive effort to stay in town and re-engage the Oldham rugby community.

We don't actually know where we will be playing next season, nothings been made official as far as I know. Boundary park might be too expensive. We'll have to wait and see mate. It'd be great to stay in the town. 

My hunch.

We only do one press subject a day, and obviosuly yesterday was the Matt Diskin announcement.

If it's a return to Bower Fold, and there was no fall out/money not paid, then it should be relatively straightforward to arrange and announcemtn in the coming days/s.

If Boundary Park has been explored then longer. The Oldham owner is tricky, and the split int he land more so.

What is frustrating is the RFL lack of support in ground improvements, despite their ownership of Odsal. Grants for football clubs (look at Avro, and also similarly in Union. If the RFL had grant system in place when we owned Whitebank, things could be very different now. Albeit lack of funds could have scuppered it anyway, but a ground fundraiser could have been ongoing etc.

It really could have been a springboard on the great efforts of the team and SN. Still good that progress is being made.

With central funding (which I assume also covers Ground Improvements) rumoured to being scrapped then I just think the RFL are skint themselves (although the top dogs salaries seem to prove otherwise).

Not going to slag CH off but I think he missed a big trick when we got the lease to Whitebank. Support was offered to improve the ground but he refused it and as such not one lick of paint was done in the time we had it.

2 hours ago, Whitworth Yed said:

With central funding (which I assume also covers Ground Improvements) rumoured to being scrapped then I just think the RFL are skint themselves (although the top dogs salaries seem to prove otherwise).

Not going to slag CH off but I think he missed a big trick when we got the lease to Whitebank. Support was offered to improve the ground but he refused it and as such not one lick of paint was done in the time we had it.

The Sky contract has two more years to run and it is this which mostly funds central distribution. Unless the non-SL clubs are included in any deal from 2022 onwards then such distribution could well disappear.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

8 hours ago, phildog said:

Diskin....best o' feckin' luck!! If he demoralises you as much as us....

Well, he is our coach now so only time will tell. He certainly upset some at Batley judging by some comments on totalrl forum's. Hopefully he will have learned some lessons, he will soon know about it if he does start any funny business because at Oldham the fans do speak their minds. People also vote with their feet. Good luck for the 2020 season apart from against us. ?

2 hours ago, phildog said:

Fans spoke their minds loud and often here and were soundly invited to go and make love elsewhere on more than one occasion.

As I said mate, people vote with their feet. If he starts that caper, then it'll be one man and his dog watching. Our crowds aren't the best anyway. The club can't afford to lose any more fans. I have to admit that to give him a two year deal straight away is bonkers. Not even Naylor got that if my memory serves me correctly. Oh well its not life or death, we'll see what happens. 

The thing with CH is he may not connect too well with fans, but when it comes to staff, playing and coaching,  he gets it right more often than not. I've got a feeling this will work out well. Diskin left his last job under a cloud . I think he will have learned from it. His last team didn't get relegated and that's what we want. According to the main forum we are favourites to be the whipping boys. Let's hope we are being underestimated. 

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Dave Naylor said:

Are we all assuming we're going back to Bower Fold?  I am, almost as a given. 

I just thought, what if it's not there.  Oh lordy, where?

13 hours ago, sheddingswasus said:

Interesting that all the players officials etc were invited to Boundary Park last Tuesday?

I'd assumed it was not Bower Fold because I would have thought that would be a quick announcement.

Very interesting that they were at Boundary Park therefore. But evn more so with ongoing ownership issues and movements there at OAFC.

20 hours ago, Little no it all said:

So Oldham rugby taken out of town again cos of cost 

gorski the chairman who’s going to get a pay day along with chris says his close personal friendship has helped seal the deal 

When will the RFL see what’s going on 

Where else are you going to play?

Boundary Park? Embarrassment of a soulless concrete box with one, maybe two (three-quarters empty) sides open?

Are you another of the many who moans like feck about the club not playing in Oldham, but doesn't bother to turn out at Whitebank?

The club didn't exactly enjoy a massive attendance uplift on moving back to the town, did it?

Knob.

19 hours ago, BryanC said:

Where else are you going to play?

Boundary Park? Embarrassment of a soulless concrete box with one, maybe two (three-quarters empty) sides open?

Are you another of the many who moans like feck about the club not playing in Oldham, but doesn't bother to turn out at Whitebank?

The club didn't exactly enjoy a massive attendance uplift on moving back to the town, did it?

Knob.

Spot on mate "little know it all" is a complete lemon. See you all at the fold next season. The stay aways can stay away if they so choose. 

Archived