Sat 12 Oct: SLGF: Salford Red Devils v St Helens KO 6pm (TV)

Who will win?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils by 13 points or more
    • Salford Red Devils by 7 to 12 points
    • Salford Red Devils by 1 to 6 points
    • St Helens by 1 to 6 points
    • St Helens by 7 to 12 points
    • St Helens by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/10/19 at 17:00

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im usualy the kiss of death for teams im tipping so.....im just gonna copy what I have put on the last couple of Salford threads...... "Come on you rip roaring, free scoring, never borring Red Devils!! Gonna be a close one I reckon...cant wait for this"

On 09/10/2019 at 15:34, Saint Toppy said:

Ha ha ha - Hicks effectively ruled himself out with his pi$$ poor performance at Webley !

Saints certainly looked like they were misfiring in the RL Cup Final.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

On 10/10/2019 at 08:39, Just Browny said:

I heard Kendall went to see a play at the Lowry last weekend.

Quick triv question, no cheating please!

Which stadium featured in L.S.Lowry's "Going to the match"?

22 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Quick triv question, no cheating please!

Which stadium featured in L.S.Lowry's "Going to the match"?

Burnden Park?

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

27 minutes ago, Tonka said:

COME ON SALFORD!!!!

I doubt there’s a RL fan outside of St Helens who isn’t supporting you! 

I suspect there are a few Swinton fans - and one blowhard in particular - for whom the only thing better than a Saints victory tomorrow would be if the Salford team coach mysteriously crashed into an active volcano on the way to the stadium.

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

AJ Bell stadium ?

Well done Sir!

Although, to have painted a very lifelike artist's impression of the stadium in 1928 showed considerable and remarkable foresight.

Just now, Old Frightful said:

Well done Sir!

Although, to have painted a very lifelike artist's impression of the stadium in 1928 showed considerable and remarkable foresight.

That’s why he was a genius 

2 hours ago, Hammerless Nail said:

I suspect there are a few Swinton fans - and one blowhard in particular - for whom the only thing better than a Saints victory tomorrow would be if the Salford team coach mysteriously crashed into an active volcano on the way to the stadium.

Ha ha - good luck to em

Desperate for Salford to somehow upset the odds, heart says Salford but head says Saints, any other team in SL tomorrow I think its a Salford win but Saints am afraid will probably have just a bit too much power and class, although pretty sure the same was said when goliath came across david, would be a truly incredible story if Salford lift the title tomorrow!

Well, I have to confess to feeling very cowardly about Saturday night.  I had more confidence going to Wembley, I really thought we'd do it even though I know we have too many players who can allow their nerves to get the better of them.  It came as a shock to see us fold so comprehensively to Warrington for a second year running, though this time in a final (when I had a perfect seat and the sun was shining, damnit!).  Therefore, I'm not confident about tomorrow and I'm not looking forward to it as a result.  In fact, I'll be glad when it's over!  I just don't believe that this team under this coach can win a big game.

But I will be, of course, so very happy to be proven wrong.  So come on you Saints!

I’d love Salford to win but, as much as it pains me to say it, Saints have been fantastic this year. I would love Wire to play in a similar, entertaining way and I’m sure most neutrals would agree. But to be fair, I wouldn’t have minded if we’d played a style similar to Salford— especially if you’re measuring passion and pride—- so come on Salford. After all, it could be Saints year next year ?

On 10/10/2019 at 13:20, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Nerves now. Nineteen announced. Not so au fait with Salford’s side but I felt our bench in the Challenge Cup Final was quite weak and Warrington had better impact players on the bench than we did. 

Would probably go with the same side that beat Wigan the other week with Paulo and Bentley dropping out, though I do really like Bentley and I’m not completely convinced on Aaron Smith. 

Who would you not know in the Salford side Ollie? Seems a strange statement from someone who purports to know the game very well.

Aaron Smith, future England/GB player head and shoulders above any hooker of his age in the British game, my opinion of course.

On 10/10/2019 at 18:00, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

How do you define you being off? You're saying the only way Warrington, sorry Salford can win is if you don't play to your abilities, isn't that somewhat disingenuous? Like the CC final, you played to your best on the day but were simply outplayed, which made you look like you were less than perfect. Even in your dominant matches (playing to your best) you've made errors, that's when you have less pressure on you after a certain point in the match, so your 'best' as you perceive it against better teams is different to playing against teams who are (as proven by the scoreline) easier to beat.Thus against better teams it's not so easy to score/prevent scores even if playing to your best given the opposition.

Too often fans and indeed coaches say they didn't play to their potential and yet that's usually down to the opposition playing better and you not being able to play like you would against lesser opposition, ergo you played your best in the circumstances and the opposition.

I just think not enough credit is given to the opposition when you lose, you'll hear from coaches, they were great and did all the right things, and not taking anything away from them but we didn't play how we could/should, completely failing to understand the consequences/outcomes of when another team plays extremely well and limits your 'best', as I said, your best against one set of opponents doesn't look the same nor has same outcomes against stronger opposition

As a 16 year old playing colts rugby league in 1969, our coach Billy Kindon ex England and GB International used to drum into us "any team is only as good as they are allowed to play" meaning hit them hard, stop the play makers, don't give them any room, there is no truer statement and especially in RL, it was correct back then, it has never changed, and it still applies today.

Not going to the game (boo hiss), but holding a Grand Final Super Saturday Party with chilli hot dogs and beers hoping to convert a few casual fans.

I think the atmosphere generated by Salford fans will be electric and could be a factor the longer they can stay in the game/preserve a lead.

Hoping conditions mean a feast of entertaining rugby at least.

Have a good ‘un everybody on our big day in the spotlight.

A few of us will be in the Whalebone for the game later. One of us regulars will be missing however, RoyBoy should be on his third or fourth beer by now I should think.

His party are going in fancy dress as Foxes and Hounds and this is Roy's choice of outfit so keep an eye out for him :

Image result for dog fancy dress costumes

I suggested it would be more appropriate for him to dress up as the Master of the Hunt as it would be perfect rhyming slang for him.

He wasn't over keen.

On 10/10/2019 at 08:31, Dave T said:

I'd be surprised if Saints bottle this one after their comprehensive beating by the ref in the Cup.

But I have been really impressed with Salford's hustling defence and that is the kind of quality that forces teams into errors and panic Rugby which Saints are not immune to.

If I had to put money on, it's clearly be on Saints, but I wont be surprised if Salford and the ref stole this one from them.

Obviously I'd love Salford to win and will be cheering them on, but I'll also be ok if Saints win as the best team in SL this year, so no complaints either way. 

Genuinely happy to see a new final lineup though.

As a Saints fan, that is pretty much how I see it

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Archived