Sat 12 Oct: SLGF: Salford Red Devils v St Helens KO 6pm (TV)

Who will win?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils by 13 points or more
    • Salford Red Devils by 7 to 12 points
    • Salford Red Devils by 1 to 6 points
    • St Helens by 1 to 6 points
    • St Helens by 7 to 12 points
    • St Helens by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/10/19 at 17:00

1 minute ago, dkw said:

Good try, all off the cuff. 

I don't think it was off the cuff. You could see Hastings placing the players and directing that play. I think it was definitely planned... just as much a plan as the Saints try off the scrum.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As good a half of rugby I have seen in a long time.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

3 minutes ago, dkw said:

Hastings has beefn brilliant the last 15 minutes, he's a hell of a player... 

Proof if it is needed that everybody deserves a second chance. Even at Wiganit will be hard to dislike him.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Very good game. Salford well on top in last ten minutes, didn't want half time to come.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

I think I will be hiding behind the sofa in the second half.  We play out of our skins for 30 minutes and then decide the game is won and Hastings no longer needs watching.  I hope the coach has something in the bag at halftime as we need to rediscover our early intensity.

Well that went quickly!

Salford doing well holding out all that early pressure from Saints and a bit unlucky not to be level. Saints showing that they can be vulnerable if you can withstand their initial assault. A great contest so far.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Just now, Irish Saint said:

Proof if it is needed that everybody deserves a second chance. Even at Wiganit will be hard to dislike him.

See also Inu and Jones coming back from RU and getting back up to speed they way they have. A good argument against life bans for code-switchers.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Irish Saint said:

Rubbish. If Mother Theresa and the Dalai Lama signed for Wigan tomorrow we’d be dissing them on every forum going. ?

Saints are in trouble. They were brilliant till 12-0 and then they very clearly took the foot off the gas in both attack and defence. And it’s incredibly hard to get back to full speed when you’ve done that. 

Also, with just 1 score ahead and Salford looking much more threatening in the saints 30 than saints do in Salford’s 30, the mental weakness will tell. 

salford will win this. 

Archived