Sat 12 Oct: SLGF: Salford Red Devils v St Helens KO 6pm (TV)

Who will win?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils by 13 points or more
    • Salford Red Devils by 7 to 12 points
    • Salford Red Devils by 1 to 6 points
    • St Helens by 1 to 6 points
    • St Helens by 7 to 12 points
    • St Helens by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/10/19 at 17:00

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of all, the only poor call I've seen in this match was the knock on near the tryline against Salford.  That was interference by Smith.  Of course Salford may still not have scored or won the match but on that occasion they were IMO wrongly robbed of the chance to try.

As for the game being a classic.  What is this classic that everyone thinks every final should be?  I have absolutely no idea.  First halves are always going to be more carefree than second halves in a knock out final match.  Salford have been terrific opponents and only about 20 minutes ago did I think I could perhaps come from behind the sofa.  

Just now, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Fair enough - not saying we should call him that. However this looks like bias.....if its deliberate then.... 

It's not deliberate, it never is. No ref goes out to deliberately favour a team. Anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot. 

On 08/10/2019 at 19:39, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Genuinely not an attempt at sarcasm. Kendslls easily the best, for me. Glad we’re not rewarding mediocrity in Child’s, Hicks or Thaler, though one of those clowns will be the video ref, I suspect. 

Well as a Saints fan you were certainly correct

Kendall gives Salford their first decision of the half with a minute left. Funny how often that happens.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Well done to Saints. Deserved champions after an outstanding season. They are a team full of power, pace and skill.

Thanks to Salford for adding so much to this year.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

A pearl of a DG from Makinson. If the shoulder's crocked, the legs certainly aren't.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Damien said:

In the first half Twitter was full of positive comments about the game from all RL fans and non RL fans alike. Now everyone and even people watching RL for the first time are saying the ref was attricious.

And that is because Salford were the underdogs and the story but Saints won anyway.

Just now, dkw said:

He's been poor. And? 

Nothing else, just wondered what your opinion was, I am not a ref basher, never have been, but that performance by Kendall goes down as one of the worst I have ever seen,  as I said earlier, I think he called it has he saw it, but I doubt that many other than saintslass will see it differently.

Archived