Sat 12 Oct: SLGF: Salford Red Devils v St Helens KO 6pm (TV)

Who will win?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils by 13 points or more
    • Salford Red Devils by 7 to 12 points
    • Salford Red Devils by 1 to 6 points
    • St Helens by 1 to 6 points
    • St Helens by 7 to 12 points
    • St Helens by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/10/19 at 17:00

4 minutes ago, Damien said:

In the first half Twitter was full of positive comments about the game from all RL fans and non RL fans alike. Now everyone and even people watching RL for the first time are saying the ref was attricious.

Noticed that too. I don't think the referee was bent, or that a lot of those decisions were obviously wrong, but there were a few calls that really made me raise my eyebrows. And I'm not one of those who usually goes straight to criticising the ref when the result I want doesn't happen.

Still a win for the better team on the night.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Saintslass said:

And that is because Salford were the underdogs and the story but Saints won anyway.

No it's not, it's because Saints scored 2 tries of what should have been Salford penalties. In addition there was a host of very questionable calls going Saints way.

That is before the fact that people are astounded that in RL you are allowed to headbutt and not get sent off. That is getting a lot of criticism with the current concussion debate.

2 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

As usual @Damien, your ability to draw attention to others over of your own lack of comprehension is unrivalled ? #confused ??‍♂️ 

64A3D212-66A4-48E1-B187-0B62EABD4FE2.jpeg

It is incomprehensible to have a match played in a stadium with a smaller capacity than any final in living memory.

Yet again though you offer nothing. Your profile is waste of database space. 

1 minute ago, Damien said:

No it's not, it's because Saints scored 2 tries of what should have been Salford penalties. In addition there was a host of very questionable calls going Saints way.

That is before the fact that people are astounded that in RL you are allowed to headbutt and not get sent off. That is getting a lot of criticism with the current concussion debate.

J Ashworth  IMO should have bn yellow carded. And A Walker was stripped and should have bn a pen to Salford, but the Saints could have bn 20 points up by half-time. The right team won, I never felt Salford were gonna win.

3 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Comes across as a well spoken quality bloke . I’m proud he’s one of ours 

He's really had a year of full redemption at Salford hasn't he. Great to see someone get a 2nd chance and grab it with both hands. 

1 minute ago, southwalesrabbitoh said:

J Ashworth  IMO should have bn yellow carded. And A Walker was stripped and should have bn a pen to Salford, but the Saints could have bn 20 points up by half-time. The right team won, I never felt Salford were gonna win.

So why weren't they 20 points up?

14 minutes ago, Damien said:

Yeah let's move it to a stadium with a capacity less than every attendance in living memory. That makes sense.

Okay, you've looked confused at my reply

The attendance tonight was the same as at Wembley this year 

Which game/atmosphere this year looked better? Which game/atmosphere this year sells our sport best? 

I live 30 minutes from Wembley by the way.... I want what is best for the sport

Just now, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Which game/atmosphere this year looked better? Which game/atmosphere this year sells our sport best? 

I've a mate who thinks we should play the challenge cup final at the same ground the magic weekend is held, its not a bad idea. 

Well, glad I did not invest in £10 to watch it on  NOW TV.   Especially given the general rap for the 2nd half.  I wonder if the BBC highlights will reflect the opinions of the neutrals on here.

But frankly Saints have been working all the decisions all season.

Just now, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Different occasions entirely with different histories. Having a grand Final clone is not the solution. Anyhow this is not a Challenge Cup thread and it's all been discussed a million times before on other threads.

2 minutes ago, Damien said:

It is incomprehensible to have a match played in a stadium with a smaller capacity than any final in living memory.

Yet again though you offer nothing. Your profile is waste of database space. 

That’s not a very healthy opinion.

You and your buddy are obvious bullies. Belittling anyone that disagrees with you and adding confused emojis like a four year old repeatedly asking “why?”

Grow up.

Archived