Fri 11 Oct: Women's SLGF: Castleford Tigers v Leeds Rhinos KO 7.30pm (TV)

Who will win?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers by 13 points or more
    • Castleford Tigers by 7 to 12 points
    • Castleford Tigers by 1 to 6 points
    • Leeds Rhinos by 1 to 6 points
    • Leeds Rhinos by 7 to 12 points
    • Leeds Rhinos by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/10/19 at 18:30

That's a hell of an egg.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Cas seem to crumble on the big occasions against Leeds it seems.

Cas were trying to win it with aggression and enthusiasm, but were undone by a better-structured and more patient team.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Well done to Leeds. The better team won, and the mis-awarded try didn't decide it. Commiserations to Cas, but you could often see where they were falling short in this match.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Castleford 12-20 Leeds FT.

Leeds are champions.

Really enjoyed that. A few too many handling errors and missed first-up tackles but give it a few years and the women’s game will be in rude health. The building blocks are in place. 

Agreed, it was a really enjoyable game of RL.

Courtney Hill is a great player to watch, tons of skill and leadership 

Enjoyed that, watched it from start to finish and after a poor start Leeds deserved the win. 

It’s interesting in some respects as the standard is relatively poor, but due to the unstructured nature and errors it makes it entertaining, especially with close matched teams. Would be great if Sky expanded their coverage next year although would have to be carefully selected games as some are still quite uneven.

Great progress for women’s game over past 2 years though ?

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

5 minutes ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

Enjoyed that, watched it from start to finish and after a poor start Leeds deserved the win. 

It’s interesting in some respects as the standard is relatively poor, but due to the unstructured nature and errors it makes it entertaining, especially with close matched teams. Would be great if Sky expanded their coverage next year although would have to be carefully selected games as some are still quite uneven.

Great progress for women’s game over past 2 years though ?

Uneven? Unlike the men’s game?

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

6 minutes ago, DEANO said:

Uneven? Unlike the men’s game?

Do you have a different opinion? You’d have no concern about putting any of the games on TV? Or to your second question you think the men’s game is more uneven? 

2 minutes ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

Do you have a different opinion? You’d have no concern about putting any of the games on TV? Or to your second question you think the men’s game is more uneven? 

No iall I’m saying is there are blow out scores in the men’s game as well

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

Very poor tweet from Schofield 

D74F2608-C880-4D37-BB51-0380B6E51854.png

Great game and a watershed moment for the sport I feel. The women's game will hopefully continue to grow as its so entertaining to watch. Individual skill comes into play more so than the mens game which for me makes it a great watch. This is only the beginning, I hope the support is there to allow the game to continue to grow. 

1 hour ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

Very poor tweet from Schofield 

D74F2608-C880-4D37-BB51-0380B6E51854.png

The guy is a bigoted antique, heaven knows why he still gets so much publicity in the game.

At the risk of derailing this thread, I recall him scoffing at the idea of Toronto ever getting off the ground.

Great riposte from the respondent, 100% agree.

Oh, and they are WOMEN Gary, not ladies. It's just like where we have the "mens" game, not the "gentlemens".

15 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Because of tweets like that.

Not sure Schofield is as dumb as he looks. Maybe it was engineered to get a reaction like yours a la Katie Hopkins...?

Yes, I think there may be an element of truth in that. Either way, he's still a miserable person.

1 hour ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

I actually feel sorry for Schofield. He is one of the finest players to ever play our game and yet here we see two highly respected players belittling him publicly due to his horrible comment.

This is how he will be remembered and it is entirely his own fault. Better for him if he had retired as a player and was never heard from again so his playing career could be his legacy.

I have 100 times more respect for every player who ran on to that pitch last night than I do for Schofield.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

How many of the people watching that " grounded" try  would have called it as " held up" in real time?

Both the "in goal" official ( who was in a good position) and the ref called it without the benefit of Slomo.

Who would be a referee?

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Schofield needs to be blacklisted by the sport ASAP. everything that he says or writes that gets publicity only serves to give oxygen to his shrivelled ego and there are countless ex pros like Peacock that are far more relevant and thoughtful as talking heads and opinion writers.

Archived