Fri 11 Oct: Women's SLGF: Castleford Tigers v Leeds Rhinos KO 7.30pm (TV)

Who will win?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers by 13 points or more
    • Castleford Tigers by 7 to 12 points
    • Castleford Tigers by 1 to 6 points
    • Leeds Rhinos by 1 to 6 points
    • Leeds Rhinos by 7 to 12 points
    • Leeds Rhinos by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/10/19 at 18:30

3 minutes ago, John Drake said:

What a dumb and ignorant comment.

From everything I have seen of you on these boards John, I am pretty sure you would have disapproved of the comment Schofield posted on Twitter?

It has subsequently been deleted and replaced with an apology but to be fair to Cookey it wasn't when he posted his reaction.

While I wouldn't have worded it in the same way as Cookey, I was disappointed that Schofield, as a Rugby League journalist and respected former great player, would post just a derogatory comment about the Womens Grand Final.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

From everything I have seen of you on these boards John, I am pretty sure you would have disapproved of the comment Schofield posted on Twitter?

It has subsequently been deleted and replaced with an apology but to be fair to Cookey it wasn't when he posted his reaction.

While I wouldn't have worded it in the same way as Cookey, I was disappointed that Schofield, as a Rugby League journalist and respected former great player, would post just a derogatory comment about the Womens Grand Final.

You're damn right I disapproved of it.

I'm confident that anyone who had ever read any thing I'd ever written, or any action I have ever taken in my association with this sport would know, without hesistation, that I would disapprove of it.

Trying to tar me by association with comments posted on a private individual's own Twitter account is absolutely pathetic.

19 hours ago, John Drake said:

What a dumb and ignorant comment.

Plenty of people who have made sexist and racist comments on their private twitter accounts have been dismissed by their employer. I assume Schofield is still employed?

Archived