Dr Marwan

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

a foul individual with his own interest at heart that  left his latest toy to die- well done Salford on their own merits 

he will take credit for their success.

Marwen saved Salford. At the point he joined the club was dead. He was badly advised at the start by people including a certain Mr Chambers.

He is responsible for funding Jackson Hastings and Joey Lusick when they first came.

I'd be happy if he left his money in the game but left the decisions to the experts.

2 hours ago, Wigan Riversider said:

Heard the Liverpool rumour.

Let's wait and see.

It wasn’t a rumour he was quite public about it a few months back (and talked about investing in schools before starting an adult club) but I haven’t heard anything since. Maybe he’s realised there’s more chance of Spain winning the 2021 World Cup than there is of RL taking hold in Liverpool. 

58 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

a foul individual with his own interest at heart that  left his latest toy to die- well done Salford on their own merits 

And wiped the five million debt don’t you think he spent enough?And still the people wouldn’t turn up .

40 minutes ago, Red Willow said:

Marwen saved Salford. At the point he joined the club was dead. He was badly advised at the start by people including a certain Mr Chambers.

He is responsible for funding Jackson Hastings and Joey Lusick when they first came.

I'd be happy if he left his money in the game but left the decisions to the experts.

Yes he was badly advised and signed some talented yet troubled players, imo getting rid of Nobby was a mistake. 

I don't think he would make the same mistakes again, I'm sure he would do far better next time round and could be good for a sleeping giant or new club if the background was right 

1 hour ago, Krzzystuff said:

he will take credit for their success.

He deserves some credit.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Perhaps that is why he's made money when the rest of us haven't. He might be daft, but he's less daft than most of us. 

We can't have his money without his say, which is how it is bound to be, in my view. 

Give the game money without oversight and it will just disappear down, the drain

5 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Perhaps that is why he's made money when the rest of us haven't. He might be daft, but he's less daft than most of us. 

We can't have his money without his say, which is how it is bound to be, in my view. 

Give the game money without oversight and it will just disappear down, the drain

Id rather not have his money. Genuinely. I wouldn't say that lightly and I was so excited about his involvement with Salford for a while. But his constant ill thought out comments and desperate populism does more harm than good.

Archived