Greece v Scotland - Nov 1 - New River, London

IM2

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, MatthewWoody said:

Not sure there will be so many homegrown in the Greece team if they get to the WC.

The Greece diaspora down under is huge.

Greece have already said they want a majority of home grown players, and they can do it because there are active clubs there, including some in the Balkan SL. 

1 minute ago, MatthewWoody said:

Don't care, frankly.

Just not coherent appreciating Tonga heritage players and attacking Scottish, Italian, etc.

I’m not attaching anyone, and it is coherent because (from what I understand) the Tongan heritage players consider themselves Tongan, whereas very few if any of the Scottish players do. There is a massive difference. 

Just now, Eddie said:

I’m not attaching anyone, and it is coherent because (from what I understand) the Tongan heritage players consider themselves Tongan, whereas very few if any of the Scottish players do. There is a massive difference. 

They consider themselves both Tongan and Kiwi/Aussies. 

Hey, it's 2019 and people within a globalised world can actually feel to belong to more than a country.

I can talk about the Italian diaspora and yes, those in England, France, Germany, USA and Aus, are proud of their heritage. And feel to belong to two homelands.

Can't talk about the Scottish, ma I see it as a proud nation so I can't see them not loving their heritage. 

The idea of "one country" is simply outdated and the personal and familiar story of lots of people confirms it. 

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

6 minutes ago, MatthewWoody said:

They consider themselves both Tongan and Kiwi/Aussies. 

Hey, it's 2019 and people within a globalised world can actually feel to belong to more than a country.

I can talk about the Italian diaspora and yes, those in England, France, Germany, USA and Aus, are proud of their heritage. And feel to belong to two homelands.

Can't talk about the Scottish, ma I see it as a proud nation so I can't see them not loving their heritage. 

The idea of "one country" is simply outdated and the personal and familiar story of lots of people confirms it. 

What a bizarre post. 

42 minutes ago, Eddie said:

How can you say that ? Do you know any of them ? And have they discussed this matter with you ? I presume they do consider themselves Scottish......running around in a Scottish international shirt, representing Scotland might be a bit of a clue.

1 minute ago, burnleywelsh said:

How can you say that ? Do you know any of them ? And have they discussed this matter with you ? I presume they do consider themselves Scottish......running around in a Scottish international shirt, representing Scotland might be a bit of a clue.

Do you really think Lachlan Coote spent his childhood dreaming of pulling on a Scotland RL shirt, or indeed any of the Englishmen playing for Scotland?

Archived