GF ticket sales

IM2

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, IM2 said:

anyone know how they are going?

neutrals should be interested and salford following at Wigan was impressive. what's the St Helens and Salford rivalry like. its a bit like mini me Man Utd v Liverpool. 

Mini me Utd maybe but definitely not mini me Liverpool. 

42 minutes ago, chisholm said:

Go to the official website for tickets and it showing  more or less sold out. I can't see that being correct but it may just turn away a few neutrals who wish to see the game.

To be fair, the website has thousands of tickets for sale.

1 hour ago, chisholm said:

Go to the official website for tickets and it showing  more or less sold out. I can't see that being correct but it may just turn away a few neutrals who wish to see the game.

There are plenty left https://rugbyleague.tickethour.co.uk/seatingPlan.html?idProduct=520&tkhrq=51a6e3cb-6d1d-41a4-b57b-54f11943dbb5&tkhrp=d1695179-9294-44cc-9986-649f589e1384&tkhrts=1570564081&tkhrc=tickethour&tkhre=rugbyleague&tkhrrt=Safetynet&tkhrh=3c45af29d82a27c2afb972e55c282c2e

I imagine it will be a decent if not spectacular crowd. The good thing about Old Trafford, it's less open design hides empty seats better than say Wembley.

There were 10,000 empty seats at the Grand Final last year, but it looked packed out.

20 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

I imagine it will be a decent if not spectacular crowd. The good thing about Old Trafford, it's less open design hides empty seats better than say Wembley.

There were 10,000 empty seats at the Grand Final last year, but it looked packed out.

Yep, the empty seats will hopefully be up in the Gods as usual and it is normally very dark up there and cant really be seen.

How many tickets does each club usually sell fir the grand final? How many are Sts expecting to bring 15k? 

Salford have sold over 7k through the club and a further 3-4k through the RFL so far. I expect to see around 12k from Salford. 

7 hours ago, Rob said:

image.thumb.png.8f19a7d8fafee2062b00341904754d54.png

This is not strictly true, the last 4 rows on the 2nd tier for example have not gone on sale and unsold tickets will still be returned from Saints and Salford. But it looks like a reasonable crowd, it isn’t far to travel for anyone jumping on the Salford bandwagon which will help. I will have a stab at 58,000. 

Hopefully it is enough to cover the additional costs SL have put upon the game to simply replicate what seems to be pretty much what the RFL did anyway.

That is the best we can hope. Rob needs that salary paid.

30 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

This is not strictly true, the last 4 rows on the 2nd tier for example have not gone on sale and unsold tickets will still be returned from Saints and Salford. But it looks like a reasonable crowd, it isn’t far to travel for anyone jumping on the Salford bandwagon which will help. I will have a stab at 58,000. 

Yeah I reckon that is probably a good estimate. Anything 60,000+ would be a good crowd I feel. 

2 hours ago, Leonard said:

Only in rugby league is 60k supposed to be abject failure for the CC but a good crowd for the premier competition.

60,000 would be good for the grand final because one of the competitions smallest teams is competing. 62,000 was considered disappointing in the challenge Cup because it was contested between two of the games biggest teams. 

Archived