GF ticket sales

IM2

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

But it looks like a reasonable crowd, it isn’t far to travel for anyone jumping on the Salford bandwagon which will help.

Every time I went to a GF I stayed overnight at my Parents house (400m from the Willows), and walked to OT, for those to lazy to walk, or outside the area, there is always a Tram.

23 hours ago, Rob said:

image.thumb.png.8f19a7d8fafee2062b00341904754d54.png

If that’s genuine after thinking Salford May struggle to shift tickets it looks like they’ve blown Saints out of the water. Which is some going as usually the team who get to the final a week earlier tend to sell more. 

23 hours ago, Rob said:

image.thumb.png.8f19a7d8fafee2062b00341904754d54.png

If that’s genuine after thinking Salford May struggle to shift tickets it looks like they’ve blown Saints out of the water. Which is some going as usually the team who get to the final a week earlier tend to sell more. 

14 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

You should have done earlier in the season. Very dodgy Saints try the difference.

It was a cracking game that - if the GF is anything like that I'm sure everyone will be happy (obviously I'd prefer at least a three point swing the other way though!).

11 hours ago, MustardBoy said:

If over 65k have now been sold, we'll surely be looking at a 70k plus final?

The North Stand top tier holds 4k odd and it's not even on sale. This in addition to the seats that can't be sold due to the pre match entertainment and big screen means that's I very much doubt it will be over 70k.

10 minutes ago, LeeF said:

What specific lies?

Publicly stating blocks are sold out that aren't I would suggest can be called lies.

They have learnt slightly from this one, with an idea I suggested here actually, that they say that tickets may still be available in 'sold out' blocks and to go to the club if they wanted those tickets.

27 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Publicly stating blocks are sold out that aren't I would suggest can be called lies.

They have learnt slightly from this one, with an idea I suggested here actually, that they say that tickets may still be available in 'sold out' blocks and to go to the club if they wanted those tickets.

If they had any sense, they would get message alerts every time you post. ?

I would be really pleased if we can get 60k plus to this, as it shows that the GF is a strong pull to neutrals. I would also be delighted as I think it is consistent with one of my bugbears, that expanding the competition would lead to bigger crowds because people are sick of seeing the same games over and over again (we played Salford 5 times for goodness sake, and didn’t play them in the Cup). 

Just now, Exiled Wiganer said:

If they had any sense, they would get message alerts every time you post. ?

I would be really pleased if we can get 60k plus to this, as it shows that the GF is a strong pull to neutrals. I would also be delighted as I think it is consistent with one of my bugbears, that expanding the competition would lead to bigger crowds because people are sick of seeing the same games over and over again (we played Salford 5 times for goodness sake, and didn’t play them in the Cup). 

Good thinking, will you message them on that?

I think we will get low 60's which is respectable.

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

Thanks Dave. I was wondering what the original poster was specifically referring to

1 minute ago, LeeF said:

Thanks Dave. I was wondering what the original poster was specifically referring to

I can only assume that tbh, can't speak for them personally. But the ticket sales process is a very frustrating one in RL.

It sounds very promising from Salford.

Tbh, if every current, lapsed or occasional Salford fan couldn't be coaxed out to a Grand Final a short walk from their historic ground, we would have a worry.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

50 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

It sounds very promising from Salford.

Tbh, if every current, lapsed or occasional Salford fan couldn't be coaxed out to a Grand Final a short walk from their historic ground, we would have a worry.

If Celtic Rooster can dirty himself with 80mins of SL there’s no reason all lapsed Salford fans can’t. 

I really hope this one has caught the imagination more than recent finals. Having such a come-from-nowhere underdog make it to the final in blistering form - and one on the doorstep of Old Trafford - really is a great story. There’s only so many Wigan-Saints type matches neutrals can stomach. I’d imagine more neutrals would attend this than any other recent final 

58 minutes ago, The 4 of Us said:

Doesn’t look like a huge amount of availability even in sections that remain on sale. What is interesting is that it’s the most expensive tickets that have gone first. Message to the powers that be. Discount at your peril.

Not quite the full story to be fair. Many of the expensive tickets are sold up front to the neutrals who want quality seats, and for much of the time these will have been discounted. But I think the reason these sell first is because of quality of seat rather than pricing. 

One other thing I did notice is how much cheaper the Grand Final is versus the Challenge Cup Final. At Wembley the whole of the lower two tiers start at £50 - whereas at the Grand Final the lower tier tickets are £30-40 behind the goals and in the corners. 

One of the problems both Wembley and Old Trafford have is that the upper tier seats are actually just rubbish towards the back and people only choose them last even if they are cheap.

It looks like there may be around 2,000 remaining in the Salford half of the stadium.

It looks like around 600 still available in the Saints end. 

We know there are 4k empty seats in the North Upper. 

There is evidence that seats are not on sale in the upper tiers at the ends - minimum of 1100.

Based on that, and a capacity of c74.5k we may have sold  up to 66k.

Expect 61k. :kolobok_biggrin:

Archived