GF ticket sales

IM2

18 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Not quite the full story to be fair. Many of the expensive tickets are sold up front to the neutrals who want quality seats, and for much of the time these will have been discounted. But I think the reason these sell first is because of quality of seat rather than pricing. 

Ergo best seats = greater cost. Regardless they’ve gone first.

RL take note you push in quality not how cheap it is. 

030910105148.jpg

http://www.wiganstpats.org

Producing Players Since 1910

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The 4 of Us said:

Ergo best seats = greater cost. Regardless they’ve gone first.

RL take note you push in quality not how cheap it is. 

Which they discounted. And they always go first, here and Wembley, and Magic etc. It is why they are more expensive, because the demand for them is greater.

Stadiums only have so many best seats, it is no surprise that they go first. It certainly does not support the view that we shouldn't discount. Full grounds at full price does that.

10 minutes ago, Dave T said:

It looks like there may be around 2,000 remaining in the Salford half of the stadium.

It looks like around 600 still available in the Saints end. 

We know there are 4k empty seats in the North Upper. 

There is evidence that seats are not on sale in the upper tiers at the ends - minimum of 1100.

Based on that, and a capacity of c74.5k we may have sold  up to 66k.

Expect 61k. :kolobok_biggrin:

Which seats aren’t on sale in the upper tiers? The ones at the back? I did wonder why they’d sold more quickly than those in the middle of the upper tier tbf. 

19 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Which seats aren’t on sale in the upper tiers? The ones at the back? I did wonder why they’d sold more quickly than those in the middle of the upper tier tbf. 

Yeah, it looks like the back 4 rows in the Salford end and the back 11 in the Saints end in certain blocks. I'd be very surprised if they were sold.

On top of my numbers we should remember that both Salford and Saints have tickets for sale, it all depends how many!

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Yeah, it looks like the back 4 rows in the Salford end and the back 11 in the Saints end in certain blocks. I'd be very surprised if they were sold.

On top of my numbers we should remember that both Salford and Saints have tickets for sale, it all depends how many!

Are those not tickets that the club(s) have?

Just now, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Are those not tickets that the club(s) have?

That is a possibility, but on the Salford graphics it didn't suggest so. I think the clubs had the front half, then SL had the next block, then the back was blocked off. 

IT would also be an odd approach to sell the back rows and then have a few hundred empty in the middle of the stand. Their tactic has always been to keep the top closed and work back into them, which is logical.

59 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

The North Upper is the area a huge last 24hr media push across the North West will give away, making the game THE one talk about.

What is the media push though, has it been on Granada Reports, Look NW (or whatever they’re called now) etc? I looked on the MEN website earlier and couldn’t find anything at all about RL, let along the GF. 

5 minutes ago, Eddie said:

What is the media push though, has it been on Granada Reports, Look NW (or whatever they’re called now) etc? I looked on the MEN website earlier and couldn’t find anything at all about RL, let along the GF. 

The MEN website does appear to be pretty awful at covering anything other than Man Utd and Man City.

29 minutes ago, BladeHearts said:

The MEN website does appear to be pretty awful at covering anything other than Man Utd and Man City.

Sounds like the Liverpool Echo then. Though you’d think they’d at least mention a team from the area being in a major final at Old trafford. 

image.thumb.png.cdd9dc6e9c75fd62039b7e90e9c87c78.pngLooks good but we know a whole bunch of those "SOLD OUTS", particularly the upper tiers behind the posts, are anything but.

The tickets which are going to be returned have come back from the clubs and whoever now and there are quite a number of gaps in the main bowl which will be noticeable if they don't fill them up.

19 minutes ago, M j M said:

image.thumb.png.cdd9dc6e9c75fd62039b7e90e9c87c78.pngLooks good but we know a whole bunch of those "SOLD OUTS", particularly the upper tiers behind the posts, are anything but.

The tickets which are going to be returned have come back from the clubs and whoever now and there are quite a number of gaps in the main bowl which will be noticeable if they don't fill them up.

When is this map from mate, because those lower tier Saints end tickets are new

54 minutes ago, Dave T said:

When is this map from mate, because those lower tier Saints end tickets are new

Took it live from the ticketing site - and yes everything on sale in the lower bowl pretty much is new; everything showing as available now was showing as sold out earlier in the week. 

The large batch of  STH127 tickets are ones which were previously on sale from Salford and were returned yesterday.

1 hour ago, M j M said:

Took it live from the ticketing site - and yes everything on sale in the lower bowl pretty much is new; everything showing as available now was showing as sold out earlier in the week. 

The large batch of  STH127 tickets are ones which were previously on sale from Salford and were returned yesterday.

Yeah I'd seen the Salford ones as they were returned yesterday (although still coloured black), had never seen that Saints had lower tier left, although their ticketing system is dire.

8 hours ago, Eddie said:

Just because a section isn’t sold out doesn’t mean it will be empty, could just be a few spares dotted about. 

You know you can see literally what individual seats are available, right? We know that's the minimum unsold, what's marked as sold but actually isn't is the big question.

36 minutes ago, M j M said:

You know you can see literally what individual seats are available, right? We know that's the minimum unsold, what's marked as sold but actually isn't is the big question.

Yes I did know that, which is why I think most are sold in the blocks where there are seats available. If there’s a conspiracy to make it look like they’re sold so they’re empty and it looks rubbish on tv though then no I didn’t know about that. 

40 minutes ago, M j M said:

For example block WU203 was shown as sold out until yesterday when some became available, but when you look there are just three seats available. I wouldn’t worry about any block in the South stand as that’s where the cameras are. It should look pretty good on tv, and from the Stretford End where I’ll be ?

F44B8A41-00EC-41C2-8F48-1D54CEB06B5E.png

161C662C-9BAE-4537-AA75-4C7B94169FAC.png

I’m not going although I’ve attended about half a dozen finals there in the past.

Having a Grand Final Super Saturday Party instead with hot dogs and beer in a bid to convert some casual fans.

Hope all those going have a great one, my prediction is a cracking atmosphere with Salford fans winning the singing war, but a victory for the Saints on the pitch.

3 hours ago, Eddie said:

For example block WU203 was shown as sold out until yesterday when some became available, but when you look there are just three seats available. I wouldn’t worry about any block in the South stand as that’s where the cameras are. It should look pretty good on tv, and from the Stretford End where I’ll be ?

F44B8A41-00EC-41C2-8F48-1D54CEB06B5E.png

161C662C-9BAE-4537-AA75-4C7B94169FAC.png

Dam- I was looking for 4 tickets, each one by themselves, so looks like we vant go now.

Archived