Tom Davies.

I'm not sure but it would be a bit of a strange signing from Leeds. A decent squad player and provides good, cheap backup, the sort of club produced player that every club needs in its 25. He's not really the sort of player that Leeds should be aiming at for a regular first team player if they want to climb up the league again.

I have always thought he is the most underrated of the current crop of wingers at Wigan.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, Damien said:

I'm not sure but it would be a bit of a strange signing from Leeds. A decent squad player and provides good, cheap backup, the sort of club produced player that every club needs in its 25. He's not really the sort of player that Leeds should be aiming at for a regular first team player if they want to climb up the league again.

To be fair, I think Handley has earned his place next season and Briscoe is still under contract on a decent sum. If a winger is coming in, it's going to be as a squad-filler option to make the cap space work. 

I'd be surprised if Wigan let him go (unless he wants to go of course), but have always rated him higher than Marshall, who i really don't think offers as much as Davies.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

3 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

I'd be surprised if Wigan let him go (unless he wants to go of course), but have always rated him higher than Marshall, who i really don't think offers as much as Davies.

All of Wigans 4 wingers are on a par and offer different things.   Davis is fairly quick, but he and Manfredi have had long term injuries. Unless some training ground timeings have been disclosed then I'd be dubious about signing a winger straight from a knee injury.

5 hours ago, Loiner said:

I'm lead to believe that Leeds are monitoring his situation at Wigan, is there any truth in this rumour ?

I’m sure Leeds are monitoring the situation of a lot of players, as other clubs will be too. Or are you suggesting there is something more to it?

6 hours ago, DoubleD said:

I’m sure Leeds are monitoring the situation of a lot of players, as other clubs will be too. Or are you suggesting there is something more to it?

Not suggesting anything DD. I think he would be a great signing, I'm a big admirer of all 4 Wigan wingers and would be supprised if they let him go especially what's happened to the very unfortunate Manfredi.

44 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Not suggesting anything DD. I think he would be a great signing, I'm a big admirer of all 4 Wigan wingers and would be supprised if they let him go especially what's happened to the very unfortunate Manfredi.

Manfredi is back in full training now. Hopefully he is over his injury problems as he is easily our best winger.

1 hour ago, 7723 said:

Manfredi is back in full training now. Hopefully he is over his injury problems as he is easily our best winger.

Back from his latest injury, that is. Here's hoping it is the last for a long time.

As for Davies possibly being made available, maybe Wigan have even more young backs coming through the system and know that they can't give them all meaningful game time.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

35 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Manfredi could be world class. 

I think the other 3 are all good players and you wouldn’t lose much which ever one plays. Manfredi on the other hand could blow them all out of the water given a bit of luck with injuries. Here’s hoping he gets that luck next season it would be a real shame if injuries get the better of him. 

56 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Manfredi could be world class. 

He’s easily the best of the lot, though you do have to wonder if a) he can stay fit for a couple of years continuously and b) how much of an effect the injuries have had on his ability/mental state. 

I’d like to see a fully fit Manfredi playing for England/GB against Aus/NZ. 

22 hours ago, 7723 said:

That's great news, pleased for the lad. Hate it when players get bad career ending injuries.

Archived