League 1 final attendance

kev p

The whole idea of the play off system is that the team finishing 2nd in the league has the advantage, play less games, easier route to the final and home advantage. The final wasn't meant to be equal. Newcastle , coming 3rd in the league, had to overcome greater obstacles to try and achieve promotion. As it happened all the teams, it could be argued,  finished the play offs in the same position as the league. 

It was great to see fans there that I know from Salford, Swinton, North Wales Crusaders and some RU players that I know as well. I got there early to get a good place, knowing that there is no terracing at the stadium and it would be difficult to get a good view later. Even at 2pm though, I arrived same time as the Newcastle supporters coach, and I gave up queuing for a beer. I decided to get a drink at the only tea bar in the ground instead, but I gave up queuing for that too. At half time I left my spot because I needed a drink. I gave up trying to get a drink though and when I went back to find I had lost my place. I tried to watch the game over people's heads but decided to go home after an hour. I have watched Coventry, North Wales and South Wales at Oldham this season with no problems. The ground is not equipped for bigger crowds.

Archived