"Home Opener"

Canis Lupus

With the season done for us we can reflect on another great effort by all concerned but the fixture list will be on us soon. Who do we want to see as the first visitors to Lamport? Renewing hostilities with Salford , HKR, Warrington or Leeds?  For my money it needs to be one of the bigger clubs to add that little bit of spice to our true season opener at Lamport.

21 minutes ago, Canis Lupus said:

With the season done for us we can reflect on another great effort by all concerned but the fixture list will be on us soon. Who do we want to see as the first visitors to Lamport? Renewing hostilities with Salford , HKR, Warrington or Leeds?  For my money it needs to be one of the bigger clubs to add that little bit of spice to our true season opener at Lamport.

It will all be exciting but a bigger name would always be great, I'll do my best to be there no mater the opposition.

I don't want Catalans because I want to be slightly intoxicated on my first game and I would have to bring  my kid's to watch the "Dragons"...whom they will be cheering for.

I actually can't pick, excited for all of them.

Interesting interview of Bob Hunter in today League Express.

• Real home opener any time after April 15.
  • He is hoping to get only 3 "home" games before this date
  • For these 3 games, hoping to do "double headers" at Championship or Super League venues (no mention of Dublin, Belgrade, Barcelona anymore)
  • Hoping to sell Wolfpack International TV Rights (but the league owns these rights now, unlike in the Championship, my note)
  • A bit more enigmatic about a Canadian TV contract 
  • But will spend to the salary cap anyway
  • David Argyle not ready to give up control of the club, even if some investors are showing interest 
  • Won't ask a relaxed rule on overseas players
  • Has a 3 year plan to modernise Lamport, with a video screen next season
  • Has a plan to increase Lamport capacity by 2,000  

22 hours ago, manu266 said:

For these 3 games, hoping to do "double headers" at Championship or Super League venues (no mention of Dublin, Belgrade, Barcelona anymore)

First of thanks  for the post!

I recall him saying in the radio interviews in Canada that they were working with clubs to see if they would be ok to play the games abroad as both would have had to agree and it seems like they didn't. Shortsighted  view of extra travel for a full time team vs the benefit for the game (tv negations coming up) and the extra exposure for the clubs in those games.

Maybe in 2021 we can pull it off. as far as I know most owners haven't been to Toronto yet to see what were all about. The Leeds guy was at the MPG and he was impressed but aside from that I don't think any have been here.

I don't think there's anyone to be afraid of so I don't mind who we play as long as we beat them..and having watched a number of games some SL teams are eminently beatable. 

What is sorely needed though is for the entire competition to be under one management structure ie RFL and set out a set of rules for how the competition is governed in particular how best to support the lower tiers.  Only if this happens can the game grow. Any fan who calls himself a true fan must believe this. 

Some thoughts.

3 on the road games makes sense. Each team travels to Canada once. Is sensible and obvious and fair. Probably a non starter then.

Wouldnt a smaller team be better first up? It will probably sell out any ways. Hudd, Salford or Wakey.

1 hour ago, dixiedean said:

Some thoughts.

3 on the road games makes sense. Each team travels to Canada once. Is sensible and obvious and fair. Probably a non starter then.

Wouldnt a smaller team be better first up? It will probably sell out any ways. Hudd, Salford or Wakey.

If the weather is good it will be a sellout no matter who is playing.  If the weather is bad it might not be.....It would sure be nice to get a win and we will have a far better idea since the team will have played a number of games beforehand....I hope we draw the Rhinos.

Hi there Canucks  

So it's been mentioned in the  Media in the UK,   Yes  It's possible to read a Story on the BBC That Doesn't mention Bloody Brexit (Moving on Swiftly) That My team Salford Red Devils may play You  Toronto Wolfpack in the Netherlands in Either Amsterdam or Rotterdam in the opening Rounds of the SuperLeague I do hope it does happen , It seems that RL Games in Mainland Europe seem to be in fashion as The Red Devils are supposedly going to be playing St Helens in Valencia,  In January alongside Featherstone Rovers v Spanish team  (Not at the same time on the same field Due to health and safety issues.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/50180405

15 hours ago, Frankie Z said:

Hi there Canucks  

So it's been mentioned in the  Media in the UK,   Yes  It's possible to read a Story on the BBC That Doesn't mention Bloody Brexit (Moving on Swiftly) That My team Salford Red Devils may play You  Toronto Wolfpack in the Netherlands in Either Amsterdam or Rotterdam in the opening Rounds of the SuperLeague I do hope it does happen , It seems that RL Games in Mainland Europe seem to be in fashion as The Red Devils are supposedly going to be playing St Helens in Valencia,  In January alongside Featherstone Rovers v Spanish team  (Not at the same time on the same field Due to health and safety issues.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/50180405

Hi there, yep I'm already looking into the possibilities of heading over. anything that increases interest in the game anywhere in the world is a good thing in my book.

On 26/10/2019 at 17:21, RobertAM said:

Hi there, yep I'm already looking into the possibilities of heading over. anything that increases interest in the game anywhere in the world is a good thing in my book.

Robert, it would be great to have you on this side of the pond. Keep me updated. All games will likely be in the UK though.

image.png.4a9bc2fed45cd0f8ac57102673ac1b16.png

One SL double header at a SL venue

One CH-SL double header at most probably York.

One Union-League double header at a Union Premiership venue.

no games are going abroad unless the SL team were looking to take on the road agrees to it....so likely no one will agree to it. I think next year after they actually see what we're about they will be open to it. Shed some light into the caves of the M62 is the goal for 2020.

Tunga Tunga...fire hot is all we're hearing from the caves at the moment.

Archived