The new coach is...

Bedford Roughyed

7 minutes ago, tandle said:

went on to the batley forum to where it says diskin leaves, dosent make good reading.

does not seem to have done much in the three years he was there.

That's what I thought. But the proof of the pudding and all that. We'll have to wait and see what happens. 

1 hour ago, YoungYed said:

I like that appointment a lot of batley fans said he did a good job with them. Also he’s brings experience coaching in the championship so hopefully he can knows what players are needed 

Really, where?

17 minutes ago, tandle said:

went on to the batley forum to where it says diskin leaves, dosent make good reading.

The Diskin out thread was even more interesting......

3 hours ago, tandle said:

put us back 6 years,dident have a clue as you will find out,we had lots of fans go missing until he went,effin and jeffin at 3 genarations a fans side a pitch at blackpool, players came that looked good until they spent a few weeks with us and they went downhill, players left and all of a sudden had blinding games against us, good players dont always make a good coach and it proved it time and time again with diskin, 3 years wasted with 11 lost on trot,dry rubbed by plenty a teams,bet twice by demoted side, we had best water boys ever in the history of batley that dident fit in.all the best for 2020 but i will give him 6 months at best.shouldent be doing u12s.

On 09/10/2019 at 19:13, tandle said:

Don't believe all you read tandle. Lots of our fans had, and still have, very unrealistic expectations, and think we should be in the playoffs every year. Even though we do not have a money man throwing money in and average gates of around 1300. There will undoubtedly be calls for Lingard to be sacked if we are not in the top 5 come the end of the season.

The season Diskin joined us, we'd just had a miracle season finishing 3rd, but because he couldn't replicate or better that miracle, many deemed him a failure.

I think you will certainly see a much more attacking style of football under him. Naylor, from memory, tended to like teams to play a very low risk conservative 5 drives and a kick sort of game.

Diskin believes in rugby being an entertainment business and likes to play attacking rugby, and when it comes off it is fantastic to watch and we scored some amazing tries. There have been others, but I think the Sheffield game at home in 2017 epitomises it best, we put 70 points past them that day. EDIT: Here is the link:-

Problem is, we didn't have the players with enough skill to pull it off consistently. We tended to make lots of handling errors, but common sense tells you, the more you throw the ball around, the more likely you are to make mistakes.

Thanks for the balanced post ,  Naylor had some success here but most of his seven seasons were spent in League 1, appreciate he did well on a very limited budget.

But he was the 'Tony Pulis' of League 1and his prescriptive rugby has been difficult to watch so I welcome the comment regarding Diskin's rugby philosophy.

However he may have the same problem here regarding players with enough skill to play an expansive game but hopefully I'm wrong and the current squad buy into Diskin and enjoy their new found freedom ? .........  hope he brings Wardy with him !

45 minutes ago, Dave Naylor said:

@DOGFATHER Thanks for taking the time to post some level-headed comments.  

Np, glad I could bring a bit of balance to all the negative reviews you may have read.

Truth is, most of our forum's regular poster's wanted him out shortly after we had appointed him. But they only represent a small percentage of the support base of the club. I've no doubt, that there will be some of them expecting us to stump up the £50k+ to sign Sammut now he is available. They cannot seem to grasp that we are a L1 side in terms of funding and can't understand why we don't regularly compete with the ft teams for a playoff spot. Kear did it once, so we should have been able to do it every year after that, according to them.

It was nice to see a different approach to our previous two coaches, who could also be compared to Tony Pulis at football, regarding their philosophy. He can certainly spot talent too, I don't think he signed a bad player for us in his 3 years. He just needs to learn that sometimes it is prudent to play with less of a Cavalier approach.

I really hope he is successful for you, except obviously against us. I have an inkling both of us, along with Dewsbury and Swinton will be in a relegation battle next year, I hope I'm wrong though. 

Welcome back to the Championship. ?

12 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

Diskin believes in rugby being an entertainment business and likes to play attacking rugby, and when it comes off it is fantastic to watch and we scored some amazing tries. There have been others, but I think the Sheffield game at home in 2017 epitomises it best, we put 70 points past them that day. 

and this year we lost at home to Sheffield …..24-54

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

9 hours ago, RPH said:

and this year we lost at home to Sheffield …..24-54

and also 64 -0 to fev,am all for these so called earlie mistakes as every coach gets things wrong to start with, but we were making same mistakes when he had a few weeks left, the sheffield game were we had a chance to go to wembly the lads looked like they dident even want to be on the pitch.i said all season we were better than what we showed and the fax game proved we had sommat inside if required, to go 10 on the trot and not change anything on the pitch was mental.how many times were some of our best lads waterboys and not injured if you talk to those players after the game, we dont sack coach's so it were a case of "stick with it guys we will turn a corner" 3 years later we  were years behind what we should a been, and fans dont think we should be in top 6 every year but with the squad we had/have we should be better than we have done,and why the hell cant we match york or sheffield. anyways all the best and i hope things work out ok with a fresh face in control for 2020.

4 hours ago, Little no it all said:

Did it also help that Diskin doesn’t want to be a full time coach

wonder how long a bloke who doesn’t need a rugby wage will put up with being told what to do by a bloke who knows nothing about rugby and runs a business £500k in debt 

Welcome back after a while away!  Missed the rays of sunshine you bring.  ?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

10 hours ago, Little no it all said:

wonder how long a bloke who doesn’t need a rugby wage will put up with being told what to do by a bloke who knows nothing about rugby and runs a business £500k in debt 

Also welcome back I’ve missed your wonderful comments and your fabulous support, just don’t get a season ticket sat next to us.ps where have you been during our winning run.

14 hours ago, Little no it all said:

Blah, blah, blah. 

On 13/10/2019 at 10:54, Tangle said:

Also welcome back I’ve missed your wonderful comments and your fabulous support, just don’t get a season ticket sat next to us.ps where have you been during our winning run.

Trolls thrive on doom and gloom. First sign of a winning run they retreat to their dark, gloomy caves. Let's hope the winning run comes sooner rather than later ?

• 1 month later...

Hi still surprising none of u answer the question I ask but just call me names 

Full time CEO moved club out of town again due to cost 

why no questions Oldham football can’t afford to open stand they don’t own why can’t a deal be done to play in Oldham 

full time CEO just tells you that your club will be playing out of town again 

Archived