Shirts and other merch

4 hours ago, Spike said:

It's a tradition that in workington that town do a pop up shop at Christmas, selling all the new merch and kit

Yeah, but selling what? Replica Jerseys, Woolie hats and Scarves (OK, I realise it gets a bit parkie even in August on the Cumbrian Coast.), but clubs should show a bit of imagination.

On 10/10/2019 at 11:26, Man of Kent said:

Won't happen but no reason why clubs couldn't offer retro-style cotton jerseys in their club shops in traditional colours, TOFFS style. Maybe some already do? 

Cotton shorts should be for the supporters only, sports kit has moved on and we would look daft and the players probably uncomfortable in cotton jerseys.

The two sponsors thing should definitely be introduced IMO the shirts are almost always ruined by too many sponsors and I'm not sure why in RL clubs seem to attract sponsors with terrible logos that look like they've been designed in microsoft word!

I understand the need for sponsorship however I think clubs could actually attract better sponsorship deals if the main sponsor wasn't 'drowned out' but other sponsors plastered all over the playing kit.

Leeds have a great long term sponsorship with Leeds Building Society, the logo is always integrated into the design nicely and then the design gets ruined with other sponsors plastered everywhere

On 10/10/2019 at 11:44, Tommygilf said:

I know Leeds do and there's the Ellis rugby ones too. Leeds also did a collaboration with Superdry (alongside I think Leicester tigers) and you see that "classic style" shirt pretty often at Leeds games.

The Super Dry stuff at leeds was excellent, it's just a shame that I think people thought they were too pricey so ditched them after a year, the quality was excellent, the hoodies in particular.

I usually buy a 'players issue' shirt every year, mainly because I like collecting them but usually wear my 1968 water splash replica, they released them around 2003 I think ad they only produced 1968 of them, they were pailful replicas of the actual shirts worn, even down to the padding in the shoulders and they are really lovely.

(these aren't pics of mine but shows what they're like)

360_d316819e4bf0a2419faf874fc389d8c6.jpg

leeds-rhinos-rlfc-1968-cup-final_360_d316819e4bf0a2419faf874fc389d8c6.jpg

32 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

The Super Dry stuff at leeds was excellent, it's just a shame that I think people thought they were too pricey so ditched them after a year, the quality was excellent, the hoodies in particular.

I usually buy a 'players issue' shirt every year, mainly because I like collecting them but usually wear my 1968 water splash replica, they released them around 2003 I think ad they only produced 1968 of them, they were pailful replicas of the actual shirts worn, even down to the padding in the shoulders and they are really lovely.

(these aren't pics of mine but shows what they're like)

360_d316819e4bf0a2419faf874fc389d8c6.jpg

leeds-rhinos-rlfc-1968-cup-final_360_d316819e4bf0a2419faf874fc389d8c6.jpg

Yeah I really liked them and got a hoodie and a shirt as birthday/xmas presents. They were quality items. I normally wear mine as I haven't bought a home shirt since 2015 (I did get our burgundy 2018 away shirt because I like the colour).

I think its a shame at Leeds that we've seemed to stop making cotton, or at least proper collared versions of our shirts too - I don't know whether this is down to sales or ISC or whatever but I still think its a shame.

33 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Leeds have just signed a deal with Elite ro Sports who are taking over the whole retail side of things for them

https://www.therhinos.co.uk/2019/10/11/leeds-rhinos-partner-with-elite-pro-sports/

Interesting. I have absolutely zero idea what difference it will make?

Will we be more likely to have a shop in the city centre as a result of this? I've always thought a collab with YCCC, Leeds united and even Carnegie was a no brainer for a large unit in Trinity.

Must be profit margins.......sublimated polyester kits must cost absolute peanuts to make in volume.

If they are £15 at the end of the season then i assume a club like leeds will be getting them very cheap direct from ISC in large volumes as i doubt they will ever sell them at a loss.

The cotton collared versions probably cost a lot more per unit.

Be glad you are with ISC cos most kits now don't even have embroidered badges........it's just a polyester t shirt with everything printed on for £50 quid

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

7 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Yeah, but selling what? Replica Jerseys, Woolie hats and Scarves (OK, I realise it gets a bit parkie even in August on the Cumbrian Coast.), but clubs should show a bit of imagination.

Mugs, pens, note pads, rugby balls, shirts, training gear, cotton t shirts polo shirts, wrist bands... should I continue?

• 1 year later...
34 minutes ago, Hughsehhh said:

Was randomly looking to buy a pair of Wakey replica shorts and naturally went on their website. Look at the state of this, can't even be bothered to iron them or take a photo in focus. Their definition of navy blue looks suspect too

https://newshop.wakefieldtrinity.com/product/trinity-navy-shorts/

Another example of lazy ass promotion departments in Rugby League.

8 hours ago, Hughsehhh said:

Was randomly looking to buy a pair of Wakey replica shorts and naturally went on their website. Look at the state of this, can't even be bothered to iron them or take a photo in focus. Their definition of navy blue looks suspect too

It annoyed you so much, you decided to resurrect a thread from 2019 to talk about it?

13 hours ago, Hughsehhh said:

This is Wakefield, lad. If you want luxury, shop at Harrods. 

And at least they’re clean. Tha’ should be grateful they don’t have gravy on’t badge.

46 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

This is Wakefield, lad. If you want luxury, shop at Harrods. 

And at least they’re clean. Tha’ should be grateful they don’t have gravy on’t badge.

This is the humourous thing, I was in fancy South West London eating a meal outdoors, with the chap on the table next to me wearing a nice pair, albeit looked a few seasons old. He was one of the poshest blokes I'd ever heard speak, but spent the whole time arguing with his missus, so I never got the chance to solve the conundrum. But I daresay he'd never stepped foot in Wakey in his life 

14 hours ago, Hughsehhh said:

Tbf to Wakey, having just perused the website they have a good selection of merch, some nice looking stuff and decent variety - much better than Saints for example. 

1 hour ago, Hughsehhh said:

This is the humourous thing, I was in fancy South West London eating a meal outdoors, with the chap on the table next to me wearing a nice pair, albeit looked a few seasons old. He was one of the poshest blokes I'd ever heard speak, but spent the whole time arguing with his missus, so I never got the chance to solve the conundrum. But I daresay he'd never stepped foot in Wakey in his life 

He was wearing Wakey shorts?

18 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

He was wearing Wakey shorts?

Yes. With an Oxford shirt (the style, not the club, if there is one). 

On first sight, I was intrigued to ask him what the connection was, as RL merchandise in London is almost never seen, unless it's NRL, and his accent was very much upper middle class. Plus it's always good to chat league (unless they're a Saints fan), but after the way he spoke to his missus, I didn't bother. He deserved a slap, if anything.

1 hour ago, Hughsehhh said:

Yes. With an Oxford shirt (the style, not the club, if there is one). 

On first sight, I was intrigued to ask him what the connection was, as RL merchandise in London is almost never seen, unless it's NRL, and his accent was very much upper middle class. Plus it's always good to chat league (unless they're a Saints fan), but after the way he spoke to his missus, I didn't bother. He deserved a slap, if anything.

I love how RL clobber can instantly start a conversation, it’s obviously very rare here in Norfolk too but on the odd occasion I do see it I usually make a beeline for the person, most recently a bloke wearing a Leeds Rhinos cap in Morrisons in Norwich. 

Archived