Guess the Attendance

Eddie

16 minutes ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

Just supposing Toronto got to the Grand Final next year and it's not beyond the means of possibility, what kind of attendance would we be looking at? And predicting 

Nearly a thread that didn’t have Toronto in it !

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

82,461, if it's not close to a sell out then that shows you have carp things have got. In the heartlands, the biggest SL show on earth and two clubs within spitting distance and a 35 minute saunter of the stadium respectively oh and the matter of £20 or cheaper tickets (with discounts).

I sense a lot more neutrals than for wembley

11 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

82,461, if it's not close to a sell out then that shows you have carp things have got. In the heartlands, the biggest SL show on earth and two clubs within spitting distance and a 35 minute saunter of the stadium respectively oh and the matter of £20 or cheaper tickets (with discounts).

The GF hasn't sold out many many times before.

Wigan-Warrington last year had less than 65k.

26 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

I think that’s well over capacity isn’t it

2 hours ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

Just supposing Toronto got to the Grand Final next year and it's not beyond the means of possibility, what kind of attendance would we be looking at? And predicting 

Surely this doesn't need to become a TWP thread? 

3 hours ago, DC77 said:

Over 70k...reason being Salford have become the neutral’s favourite and many want to see them win. It’s a great story (plus there’s star quality in Jackson Hastings), so I reckon that will swell the attendance. 

I agree and hope so too. I can't go as am playing kick and clap Saturday (important cup game) but the Crown in Luton will be forced to put it on courtesy of me later on!

1 hour ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

I mean that attendance would require approx 8,000 needing to be sat on the roof....

How many seats does the lower bowl fill versus the upper tiers?  Provided this graphic that was put out yesterday is correct, then all the lower is full, and over 50% of the upper is gone.

Assuming it's like 50K lower, and 26K upper, that would be roughly 63K sold as of yesterday. 

72526314_10162553654210515_6396962060604801024_n.jpg.0f4437b12f0cf1ee2ee7d0af33833a6f.jpg

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

12 hours ago, Eddie said:

Neutrals are buying Salford tickets. Not that that’s a bad thing, but it’s whats making the percentages like that if they’re true. 

That's tickets sold via the clubs - I'd imagine most (but not all) neutrals are buying via Super League?

41 minutes ago, LR23 said:

That's tickets sold via the clubs - I'd imagine most (but not all) neutrals are buying via Super League?

Maybe, but if it was me and it was Wigan v Salford I’d want to be in the Salford end and some people may have done the same. 

51 minutes ago, cookey said:

Quite good sales over the past couple of days but a couple of blocks that SL claimed were previously sold,have now become available. Never trust SL/RFL marketing claims.

Still hope for close to 70,000 but just be honest SL.

They were the tickets that Salford were holding but have returned. They have confirmed that they are now only selling one category. 

Archived