Guess the Attendance

Eddie

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, cookey said:

Terrific game,terrific atmosphere,no surprise that people who contribute nothing find something else to moan about.Came over very well on tv.

I thought it looked amazing on TV and it was a solid contest for long periods. Great occasion an the crowd was 3k above my estimate. Think a few neutrals will have given it a whirl due to a new team being there.

2 minutes ago, bamfordsbeans said:

Apparently Salford shifted as many tickets as Saints.

One of the problems seems to be familiarity with finals for the big teams.Saints,Wigan and Warrington no longer seem to be able to attract the occasional supporter as Salford did last night.

Familiarity is definitely a factor.

As a Wire fan back in 2009 when we got to Wembley, pretty much every Wire fan I knew went. Everybody's partner, son, daughter went with them, meaning that in my family for example, whereas only say 2 or 3 of us went regularly, suddenly our group was about 20 strong. It was a must-attend event.

10 years on and this years 10th final in that period is less so. My group was back down to 2 of us who went in 2009. I had missed three of those previous 10 finals.

11 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Over 8000 down from when Leeds were last there, who have had over 70,000 in their last 3 grand final appearances.

Anyone who agrees with changing Catalans and Toronto a final attendance bond must also agree with charging Salford a bond. This final was literally on their doorstep, if it was at Wembley their support would be significantly smaller.

Hopefully some of those Salford fans yesterday go to some Salford games in 2020.

You never know. In a few years time, Leeds might be able to start performing on the pitch again, as well as in the stands. 

On 11/10/2019 at 13:03, Dave T said:

We need to not be so hard on ourselves. These two clubs average around 15k between them for home games. Yet we will have four times that for this game. 

60-odd thousand for a game of Rugby League in the UK is an excellent crowd.

A realistic and at the same time positive assessment IMO. 

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Archived