Rugby Boot with hard toe

Hello,

I am looking for a new pair of boots with a hard toe (to avoid getting studded toes!)

Preferable with 8 studs for a forward.

I am struggling to find any, I tried the Canterbury stampede which said reinforced toe, however it is just padded! :-(

If anyone has any suggestions that would be great!

have seen any for a while to be honest.. have to say as an ex forward myself that i never got studded toes playing RL... RU yes all the time in Mauls, Rucks, driving scrums etc but never in RL. 

I don't think you can get hard-toed boots any more. I played as a RU hooker for many years and my big toenails still hurt!

I also found that there is no padding under the lace of the boot to cushion the blow when some nasty opposition prop stamps on your foot in the scrum. I had a solution of successively wearing:

1 x pair of thick socks ("Sea Boot Stockings" from work)

1 x elastic ankle bandage

1 or 2 (depending on thickness) green pan scourers over the instep, held in place by the ankle bandage

1 x pair of team socks

Worked a treat for years.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

I always got "slight seconds" from the Mitre factory  in Huddersfield. Great boots.

Most comfortable boots I got were when I was at school and played both soccer and rugby. French soccer boots by Ours; they had a red pigskin inner liner.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Archived