SL Recruitment

Krzzystuff

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, RobertAM said:

It's done. Glad I bought my season tickets early..Lamport gonna be jammed.

Lamport will be jammed with or without SBW next season. The away support of the big name SL teams will number in their thousands. If Featherstone can get a couple of hundred fans across at a week's notice the likes of Wigan, Leeds and Hull will travel in huge numbers. Demand will far outstrip supply. 

I was lucky enough to be at the TWP v Fev final and will definitely be back next year. The following week I attended the SL Grand Final and wore a TWP shirt (even though St Helens are my team). This created a great deal of interest and everyone I spoke to said that they intended to see their side in Toronto next year. 

I don't know if TWP can play at a larger venue for certain games next season but as much as I enjoyed Lamport I can't see you being there for much longer.

On the playing side of things you are going to need more than SBW to make any headway in SL. It's great that you are going after a big name which will bring in the publicity and revenue but the squad you have at present won't make the top 5. You won't be relegated though I am certain of that.

The problem you have now is do you stick with the players that got you into SL (as London did) or do you make wholesale changes. Time will tell on that one.

A quick word of thanks to all at TWP who made me and my wife's stay in Toronto a great experience. See you all next year 

9 hours ago, ojx said:

Can't wait for next season. Only 3 months to go. There are going to be some great viewing parties. 

I wonder how the TV will work now they are in SL. Will they be on SportsNet like other SL games?

My understanding is that the current Sportsnet contract runs until end of 21, like the Sky contract.

So Sportsnet will have access to all Wolfpack games produced by Sky without giving more money that they already give. But how many Wolfpack games will Sky put on air? And it is usually on Thursday or Friday night anyway (afternoon for Canada), so not easy to promote on the Canadian market.

What is not clear is what will happen if the Wolfpack produces their home games? Would it be automatically included in the international package like Catalan home games, and offered without extra money to current broadcasters including Sportsnet? Since Catalan is struggling to get a home broadcaster at the moment, the RFL will be tempted to replace Catalan home games by Wolfpack's.

And what can Wolfpack do with their away games not shown on Sky? Can they produce them and show them in the UK and Canada without causing a stir like that time at Leigh?

Then there are these challenge cup games also that are usually not shown in Canada but could be on a separate deal this time, although hard to sell without knowing how far the Wolfpack will go.

Im pretty sure they are trying to figure out all these problems at the moment, but I doubt they will find an agreement to get all their games on live TV. 

The fixtures released this Tuesday will already give an indication on how many Wolfpack games Sky could show.

On 04/11/2019 at 05:15, John WP Fan said:

Its done!...Sonny Bill next year taking down Rhinos at Lamport...who would ever have thunk it?

I love this move. Sonny Bill may not be what he once was but the move makes total sense for the Wolfpack in the early days of their existence. He's still a damn good player for Super League even if he wouldn't be quite the star he was at NRL level. His offloading ability is going to tear defences open regularly. Giving him a stake in the club also motivates him to play hard and be invested in the long term financial success of the club. He will be keen to make the whole thing as successful on the field and off it, as he can. It hopefully avoids any notion of him cashing in late in his career and mailing it in on the field. Any doubters saying that he isn't worth the money are ignoring the fact that it doesn't really matter whether he's earning 175,000 a year, 2.5 mill a year or for that matter 10 mill a year. It only counts for 175,000 against the cap and the rest is David Argyle's money he is choosing to spend. As a fan, that money doesn't cost me a dime. 

5 hours ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Cant help but think that money could be used to help kick start grassroots rugby in Canada to make it a sustainable sport....

it sure could...if it was RL Canada spending the money.

its how things work in NA and have been explained a 1,000 times already. you build up the sport at the top level and then it trickles down. we do us, you do you.

soccer is the fastest growing sport in Canada for a few years now....because we got MLS teams going and competing...not the other way around ya'll.

19 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

its how things work in NA and have been explained a 1,000 times already. you build up the sport at the top level and then it trickles down. we do us, you do you.

soccer is the fastest growing sport in Canada for a few years now....because we got MLS teams going and competing...not the other way around ya'll.

What ever you want to believe ?

On 06/11/2019 at 09:09, Krzzystuff said:

Singleton just signed on from Leeds....just the type of signing we need!....a good straight running forward who will set the platform for Sonny Bill to do his thing.....the puzzle is slowly being completed.

Definitely 1 but maybe 2 more to go and we're done for 2020. On the Chasing kangaroos podcast (rebranded to International Rugby League Podcast) Monsieur Hakim Miloudi confirmed he's signed a 1 year extension with us already as well, that's just retention not recruited but fyi.

Also great show if you haven't checked it out yet.

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/anchor-podcasts/chasing-kangaroos/e/64772093

10 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

Definitely 1 but maybe 2 more to go and we're done for 2020. On the Chasing kangaroos podcast (rebranded to International Rugby League Podcast) Monsieur Hakim Miloudi confirmed he's signed a 1 year extension with us already as well, that's just retention not recruited but fyi.

Also great show if you haven't checked it out yet.

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/anchor-podcasts/chasing-kangaroos/e/64772093

They will need Miloudi since he can play many different positions in the backs and you can always use a guy like that in a long season...he can also kick conversions fairly well.

• 3 weeks later...

For what it's worth, recruitment is awarded with better odds for the Wolfpack, out of the relegation zone but still too low for (5 team) playoffs.

Grand Final winner

St Helens 5/2

Wigan 5/2

Warrington 4/1

Hull FC 10/1

Leeds 12/1

Catalans 14/1

Castleford 16/1

Toronto 20/1

Huddersfield 40/1

Hull KR 40/1

Salford 40/1

Wakefield 40/1

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/super-league-latest-betting-odds-3504096

41 minutes ago, manu266 said:

For what it's worth, recruitment is awarded with better odds for the Wolfpack, out of the relegation zone but still too low for (5 team) playoffs.

Grand Final winner

St Helens 5/2

Wigan 5/2

Warrington 4/1

Hull FC 10/1

Leeds 12/1

Catalans 14/1

Castleford 16/1

Toronto 20/1

Huddersfield 40/1

Hull KR 40/1

Salford 40/1

Wakefield 40/1

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/super-league-latest-betting-odds-3504096

Toronto will make top 5...20 to 1 looks good...might be worth a $50 bet.  Could make a quick thousand.

7 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Toronto will make top 5...20 to 1 looks good...might be worth a $50 bet.  Could make a quick thousand.

is there anywhere that you can actually make a wager in Canada for RL? I know they said they are changing the laws around sports gambling but I don't know of any sites that you can wager on AND collect your winnings. everyone is willing to take your  money.

26 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

is there anywhere that you can actually make a wager in Canada for RL? I know they said they are changing the laws around sports gambling but I don't know of any sites that you can wager on AND collect your winnings. everyone is willing to take your  money.

I'm not sure ....you met my wife, she is very strict with me...I'm not allowed to gamble.

Archived