SL Recruitment

Krzzystuff

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, manu266 said:

I've read on this site that even when its free they must add a minimum of £15,000 on the salary cap.

https://www.totalrl.com/wolfpack-hold-talks-with-nrl-chief-about-australia-clash/

They must have a little margin to play with then.

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

• 1. Gareth O'Brien
  • 2. Matty Russell
  • 3. Chase Stanley - Still not named
  • 4. Ricky Leutele
  • 5. Liam Kay
  • 6. Joe Mellor - Named but still injured, wrist, back in 2 weeks
  • 7. Josh McCrone
  • 8. Adam Sidlow
  • 9. Andy Ackers
  • 10. Anthony Mullally
  • 11. Andrew Dixon
  • 12. Bodene Thompson
  • 13. Jon Wilkin - Named and will play, surgeon unavailable for another few weeks
  • 14. Darcy Lussick - Named!! but still hernia issue, maybe next week
  • 15. Gadwin Springer
  • 16. Tom Olbison
  • 17 Blake Wallace
  • 18. Brad Singleton - Fully ruptured lateral medial ligament - out 4 months
  • 19. Gary Wheeler - Not named, reason unknown
  • 20. James Cunningham - Hamstring, could be 6 months
  • 21. Sonny Bill Williams 
  • 22. Greg Worthington - On loan for another month
  • 23. Hakim Maloudi
  • 24. Tony Gigot  
  • 25. Jack Wells
  • 26. Ben Kilner

21 players named, 19 fit.

https://www.rlnews.co.uk/toronto-seek-to-send-centre-out-on-loan/

Gigot left the field injured in the second half. They should wait before making anything long term. Plus as much as I like Gigot and the fact that TWP becomes a seconde destination privilégiée for the Frenchies, with the 2 tries Wheeler had against Salford, I'm not sure about the move.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/dogs-help-passport-bid/story-e6frep5o-1111117052201?sv=f6cc2d2796846dbe127ebc0b54ad8d23

Found this interesting old story. The way Sonny Bill got his Samoan passport is really disturbing, I understand why TWP don't communicate clearly on this issue. My guess is SBW lost his Samoan status after he left France, because back in NZ he didn't need it anymore. Having him going back to this procedure would have been risky and bit ridiculous as well, so they probably looked at other players in the squad and found out Chase could get a pacific island passport and not count in the overseas quota. But this is a long process, it's more than a visa, I know it because I try to apply for an Italian passport a couple of years ago, and even if I am Italian born, the process was so complicated and costly I gave up after the second interview at the consulate.

Meanwhile Samoa is still looking to get SBW in their squad for the next 2 years or at least for the next world.cup, and he doesn't need a passport to play for this country, so that would get even more ridiculous if this happens.

Good news on Chase Stanley and Bodene Thompson this week, hopefully there should be easily enough available players for the next match.

A couple of weeks ago I'd have said Rhinos would be one Toronto could target a shock win. It still could be but Leeds have looked good recently.

There are a few winnable games coming up for you after so I'd say getting through this and the challenge cup without further injuries or suspensions would be a success.

5 hours ago, CanadianRugger said:

Ricky Leutele apparently being traded to Wigan in exchange for five players.

Love Ricky, he'll be a big loss. I guess our hands are tied as we really need players.

10 hours ago, ojx said:

Love Ricky, he'll be a big loss. I guess our hands are tied as we really need players.

Me too and I agree with the need.   But......as I said elsewhere, this is absolute insanity IMHO.  And I asked - "is this the way British Professional Sports Leagues and their Member Teams operate?.....or is it just Rugby League?"   Haven't got a straight answer yet.

Quinn signed, Wheeler out.

https://www.nsnews.com/canada-s-quinn-ngawati-back-for-second-stint-with-toronto-wolfpack-1.24094222

https://www.totalrl.com/st-helens-complete-shock-move-for-toronto-talent/

So first Canadian born and bred on the first year in tier 1. 15 years better than Melbourne Storm...

The whole point of having teams like the WP go through two divisions to make the top flight was to prepare then for SL. Unfortunately, it seems after two years Toronto ended up with a club not as prepared as they should have been. The learning has started in 2020. I wonder if the Championship is a better place to start. A tougher first season would perhaps achieve more in the long run.

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

1 hour ago, PackAttack said:

Hopefully the Leutele thing doesn't actually happen. I haven't seen a story that says its a done deal. Happy to be shown otherwise. 

Curious to see what they do with the money saved on Wheeler. Any idea how much room they've created?

Letting Ricky go would be a big mistake in the long term I feel..sure we get bodies but of what quality?? Leutele firing on all cylinders can make magic happen. Wheeler makes room for Gigo on a full contract - mebbe Gaz is going?? seems like BMac is designing the team he wants without Brian Noble's input..But honestly thought we had a team that was better than 0-6...??

SBW may need to have knee surgery. Has anyone got an updated list of available players?

Glad to see Quinn back again but I'm sceptical about what kind of impact he will make in Super League after a handful of League One games and a year off. It's a shame he didn't stay in the game and get a full season on loan.

2 hours ago, fevtom said:

SBW may need to have knee surgery. Has anyone got an updated list of available players?

Glad to see Quinn back again but I'm sceptical about what kind of impact he will make in Super League after a handful of League One games and a year off. It's a shame he didn't stay in the game and get a full season on loan.

He won't when he played against us he was rubbish and that was last league game he played even established internationals who have been out of the game it's hard to get into the swing of things ask sam burgess it took him at most of the season to get back to his skill set after england RU better still ask SWB

• 1. Gareth O'Brien
  • 2. Matty Russell - Not on the 17 Wednesday
  • 3. Chase Stanley 
  • 4. Ricky Leutele
  • 5. Liam Kay
  • 6. Joe Mellor 
  • 7. Josh McCrone
  • 8. Adam Sidlow
  • 9. Andy Ackers
  • 10. Anthony Mullally
  • 11. Andrew Dixon
  • 12. Bodene Thompson
  • 13. Jon Wilkin - Not on the 17 Wednesday - Will need surgery soon
  • 14. Darcy Lussick - Benched Wednesday still needs recovery
  • 15. Gadwin Springer
  • 16. Tom Olbison
  • 17 Blake Wallace - Benched Wednesday
  • 18. Brad Singleton - Fully ruptured lateral medial ligament - out 4 months
  •  
  • 20. James Cunningham - Hamstring, could be 6 months
  • 21. Sonny Bill Williams  - Knee, 10-15 days
  • 22. Greg Worthington - On loan
  • 23. Hakim Maloudi
  • 24. Tony Gigot  - Benched Wednesday
  • 25. Jack Wells
  • 26. Ben Kilner
  • 27. Quinn Ngawati - Registered with Rochdale for now

McDermott said in an interview that he didn't use Gigot and Wallace because he wasn't sure where to put them...

https://www.totalrl.com/brian-mcdermott-reveals-colourful-criticism-of-front-rowers-decision-to-use-just-one-sub/

Reading his comments it would seem that changes are coming and we will see some players moving on..likely to be props?

what I am having a hard time understanding is, given that BMac was with us at the start of and throughout 2019, what was discussed by he and Brian Noble before the season started on the make up of the squad..they knew the salary cap etc..shouldn't this have all taken place before extending 20-21 contracts??  he stated in the documentary "this is a squad that can win a GF or be relegated"   OK we have had crucial injuries but I find it all a little strange??

1 hour ago, RobertAM said:

Reading his comments it would seem that changes are coming and we will see some players moving on..likely to be props?

what I am having a hard time understanding is, given that BMac was with us at the start of and throughout 2019, what was discussed by he and Brian Noble before the season started on the make up of the squad..they knew the salary cap etc..shouldn't this have all taken place before extending 20-21 contracts??  he stated in the documentary "this is a squad that can win a GF or be relegated"   OK we have had crucial injuries but I find it all a little strange??

Multi year contracts.

Archived