things you used to do that you dont do now

will start with 3

1. walk in to a bank on a Friday and write out a cheque to myself to withdraw money

2. pull out a choke to start the car

3. buy 1st day covers (stamps)

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

4. Queue outside a phone box.

5. Fit a whole tracklist on a cassette j-card with tiny writing.

6. Get Luncheon Vouchers.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Spend all evening in the pub

Go overseas for work.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Allow 28 days for delivery of mail order goods.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Fill my car with diesel.

Put film in my camera.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Get excited by the thought of a new movie in the Star Wars  or James Bond franchises.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Push a button on the actual TV set to change channels.

Waiting for Ceefax/Teletext pages to change.

Sending messages with the Telex machine. Part of my first job.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

8 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Waiting for Ceefax/Teletext pages to change

When you’d just missed the one you wanted and had to wait for it to come round ... and keeping track of cricket scores via ceefax when bbc had gone off for the news

10 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

Remember a Telephone number

Answer the 'phone with a terse recital of your area and number, like "Neasden three five seven".

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Light a coal fire.

Listen for the kettle to whistle.

Chuck everything in one bin.

Programme your computer by having a cassette deck make unendurable noises at it for minutes at a time.

Also, listen to the dial-up connection noises like you're some kind of IT diagnostic genius.

Need to use Windows pifedit.exe to make a shortcut work (thank God).

Use one floppy disc to boot up, then replace it with another to actually do anything.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

To be told by elderly relatives to not just switch off all electrical appliances at the mains before going to bed, but to actually unplug them from the wall too (or we'll all be incinerated in our beds!).

Boil vegetables 'til they are transparent.

Be traumatised by the slasher movie-level body count in public information films for children.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Pretend to like shandy, because the virtually homeopathic alcohol content made you feel all grown up and that.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Keep gently nudging the tuning knob every few minutes, so you could listen clearly to the drifting signal from Radio Luxembourg.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Buy a platform ticket to see off your loved ones at the railway station. Apparently these still exist - who knew?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I was going to add "acting like we're still at war with Germany", but that seems quite fashionable these days if you read the papers.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Go to School

Write machine code.

Need to understand machine code.

Hack machine code.

Archived