Jump to content
Total Rugby League Fans Forum
graveyard johnny

things you used to do that you dont do now

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, fatboystu said:

Facebook. Finally got fed up of the amount of dribble that some people post and the absolute bile they spew at you when your opinion differs from theirs......and these are people i classed as friends. Although i class myself as a mentally strong person some of the abuse really did start to bring me down, to the point that my family noticed a change in my persona. A difference of opinion...yes, abuse...no. So no FB, insta, snapchat, twitter for over 2 weeks, and funnily enough life has become so much nicer. I cant help but think that alot of mental health problems are caused by the social media lifestyle that some have.

I ditched Facebook over a year ago but, to be honest, I barely used it before. So it hasn't made much of a change apart from stopping the flood of emails from them, urging you to spend more time on their site.


Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. (Susan Ertz)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, fatboystu said:

Facebook. Finally got fed up of the amount of dribble that some people post and the absolute bile they spew at you when your opinion differs from theirs......and these are people i classed as friends. Although i class myself as a mentally strong person some of the abuse really did start to bring me down, to the point that my family noticed a change in my persona. A difference of opinion...yes, abuse...no. So no FB, insta, snapchat, twitter for over 2 weeks, and funnily enough life has become so much nicer. I cant help but think that alot of mental health problems are caused by the social media lifestyle that some have.

mate, some people live their lives through facebook and such inane garbage, they should get out and get a real life

  • Like 1

the grass may be greener on the other side of the fence but the crows are just as black

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

mate, some people live their lives through facebook and such inane garbage, they should get out and get a real life

I’ve never done any of that Facebook , Twitter etc etc stuff and I consider it one of my best decisions in a long time . I’ve relatives mind who think everyone wants to know the tedious details of everything they do through these mediums ... god knows why , I’m related to them and I couldn’t give a damn 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

mate, some people live their lives through facebook and such inane garbage, they should get out and get a real life

To be honest when i first started to use it (many years ago), it was great. Being able to get in touch with old school friends/work colleagues/military friends that I'd lost touch with. But nowadays people seem to think that everyone wants to know exactly where they are/what they're eating/their inside leg measurement.....then there are the keyboard warriors that can now mouth off knowing that they never have to face the repercussions of the bile they spout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Padge said:

Certainly does.

spacer.png

would drink gallons of this as a kid (and burp talk as you did😂), now I'm not so keen on the taste

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

mate, some people live their lives through facebook and such inane garbage, they should get out and get a real life

for me it has its advantages in sharing stuff for my community/social based work and my charity, also connecting with people with regards to campaigning and awareness for safer roads/safer environment and equal justice for people on cycles and on foot, not just here but Europe and beyond.

Being able to give people you don't know and never will meet, information and support so they can shootdown the ne'er do well's (including local authorities, police, gov organisations) with facts, so that people can fight back, make real changes and impact people lives and their environment in a positive way for me makes it worth all the rest of the BS

Edited by Denton Rovers RLFC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

back to thread

read fleetway comics

lick the bowl and spoon clean after cake making

watch -world of sport

  • Like 2

the grass may be greener on the other side of the fence but the crows are just as black

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watch snooker . Seem to have characters then .... especially on pot black . Watch pro celebrity golf , which always seemed to have Lee Trevino and Ronnie Corbett on. That was on same night as one man and his dog , which even as a kid I found strangely compelling 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Play World of Warcraft.

Not now classic is out, who doesn't want to go back 15 years in there gaming experiences!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/10/2019 at 23:09, gazza77 said:

We still do two of those. We do recycle though. 

You live life very well!

  • Like 1

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/10/2019 at 18:14, fatboystu said:

To be honest when i first started to use it (many years ago), it was great. Being able to get in touch with old school friends/work colleagues/military friends that I'd lost touch with. But nowadays people seem to think that everyone wants to know exactly where they are/what they're eating/their inside leg measurement.....then there are the keyboard warriors that can now mouth off knowing that they never have to face the repercussions of the bile they spout.

The vast majority of people use Facebook rather sparingly. Almost all the posts you get from about 5-10% of people, I imagine.


"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Strike up a conversation with somebody in my home city, confident that they'd understand me.

And I don't mean my mumbling has deteriorated of late.


         SL Steve Prescott Man of Steel 2016 - Danny Houghton  SL Top Gun 2016/2017 - Marc Sneyd (83%/89% goal success)

         SL Hit Man 2016/2017 - Danny Houghton (1,289/1,123 tackles)  SL Club of the Year 2016 - Hull FC

         SL Coach of the Year 2016 - Lee Radford   RL Challenge Cup Winners 2016/2017 - Hull FC

 

                                                                      All in all, not a bad couple of years, I suppose...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cover exercise books in wallpaper

  • Like 1

the grass may be greener on the other side of the fence but the crows are just as black

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go to Central Park

 

  • Sad 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

 

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Padge said:

Go to Central Park

 

New York has lots of great parks , miller field is one of my faves


the grass may be greener on the other side of the fence but the crows are just as black

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Sit for three hours taping songs I like on the top 40 countdown 

Plus swearing like a docker when the DJ inserts "wacky" sound effects or talks all over the intro/outro of a song you really like.

Edited by Futtocks
  • Like 1

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. (Susan Ertz)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DavidM said:

Sit for three hours taping songs I like on the top 40 countdown 

I spent many more hours than that a few weeks ago doing similar drudgery.

My new van hasn't got a CD player. Had to rip and paste a load of CD's onto memory stick. I used Windows Media Player only to learn that Windows 10 has a more responsive programme to do the ripping.

[Cheesed Off]

Edited by Wolford6
  • Haha 1

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Strike up a conversation with somebody in my home city, confident that they'd understand me.

And I don't mean my mumbling has deteriorated of late.

You what?

  • Like 1

Old Faithful we never lose at Wembley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ullman said:

You what?

You 'eard.


         SL Steve Prescott Man of Steel 2016 - Danny Houghton  SL Top Gun 2016/2017 - Marc Sneyd (83%/89% goal success)

         SL Hit Man 2016/2017 - Danny Houghton (1,289/1,123 tackles)  SL Club of the Year 2016 - Hull FC

         SL Coach of the Year 2016 - Lee Radford   RL Challenge Cup Winners 2016/2017 - Hull FC

 

                                                                      All in all, not a bad couple of years, I suppose...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/10/2019 at 17:43, graveyard johnny said:

back to thread

read fleetway comics

lick the bowl and spoon clean after cake making

watch -world of sport

that brings back memories! Action, Whoopee/WnCh, Cheeky and sometimes Tiger I'd buy now and again,, the mini mag Battle occasionally, but my main comics from the age of 9 were Victor and RotR though RotR would be ditched every other week during the winter months so I had enough pocket money for a home programme at the Boulevard and maybe the odd away one too😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...