Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
yck2017

Total fans forum

Recommended Posts

In: London, Haven and Oldham

Out: Toronto, Barrow and Rochdale

Similar distances Barrow and Haven. Same could be said about Rochdale and Oldham too. But you can get to London without flying! 

Looking forward to a trip to London Broncos. I’ve only ever visited Skolars  before.

 


It's good to win at home, but it's better to win away!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, yck2017 said:

Have to say they have not hung about updated the league already for next season with London and Haven  looks another tough season ahead can't wait .

Ìve been trying to work out Summer bash fixtures, think London will play Toulouse, Oldham v Swinton, Bulls v Fax and us against Fev again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, spanishknight said:

Ìve been trying to work out Summer bash fixtures, think London will play Toulouse, Oldham v Swinton, Bulls v Fax and us against Fev again.

I think there's a chance you will play leigh 3rd v 4th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure it works that way. Looking at last year they tried to match clubs geographically wherever possible.

Barrow v Sheffield

Batley v Dewsbury

Bradford v Halifax

Fev v York

Leigh v Widnes

Rochdale v Swinton

Toronto v Toulouse.

 

On that basis I would expect:

Whitehaven v Sheffield

Batley v Dewsbury

Bradford v Halifax

Fev v York

Leigh v Widnes

Oldham v Swinton

London v Toulouse.

 

 

  • Like 1

It's good to win at home, but it's better to win away!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, White Knight said:

Not sure it works that way. Looking at last year they tried to match clubs geographically wherever possible.

Barrow v Sheffield

Batley v Dewsbury

Bradford v Halifax

Fev v York

Leigh v Widnes

Rochdale v Swinton

Toronto v Toulouse.

 

On that basis I would expect:

Whitehaven v Sheffield

Batley v Dewsbury

Bradford v Halifax

Fev v York

Leigh v Widnes

Oldham v Swinton

London v Toulouse.

 

 

Why do they do that? What's the point?


http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is the point of the extra round full stop. It just makes it an unbalanced league 

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, DEANO said:

What is the point of the extra round full stop. It just makes it an unbalanced league 

Summer bash. It could go for me. Blackpool is a dump and the ground is, by and large empty for most games, with the majority of fans only watching their own games. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

It's good to win at home, but it's better to win away!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, White Knight said:

Summer bash. It could go for me. Blackpool is a dump and the ground is, by and large empty for most games, with the majority of fans only watching their own games. 

How narrow minded, I know many York Fan's who watched most games both days , we as a club had 400+ loyal speccies for our game, fantastic couple of days and long may it continue 😀😀😀

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just wish they’d change it about a bit cos to me it seems stale.

I’ll sound off my rocker here I know but I’d love the round to be split amongst some smaller grounds so you don’t have 2k rattling around in a 14k stadium and it changes things a bit.

Play it on the North Yorkshire coast one year - Whitby, Scarborough, Bridlington (just short of 10k capacity between those 3 grounds). Played at full grounds with plenty atmosphere but small enough to create lots of demand and sell out in advance. Have just 2 games a day at each ground so you don’t overdose on rugby. However stagger kick off times so if you wanted to you could drive to the other grounds (11.30am, 1.30pm at Brid...3pm and 5pm at Boro....6.30pm and 8.30pm at Whitby). The earlier games covered on our league, the final 2 games of each day on sky.

Just imagine the carnival atmosphere in Whitby, playing 2 matches in a tightly packed ground (which compares well with a lot of Championship clubs grounds) as the sun sets in the background in one of the most picturesque towns in the world, all beamed out live on SKY. 

Then the next year have it on t’other coast - Morecambe, Blackpool. 

We are terrible at making matches into events. Promote it as Battle of the coasts etc, shuttle buses linking the towns together, get the tour de Yorkshire guys on board. Make it a challenge who can draw the most fans, wear the daftest fancy dress, which team takes over which town, have recently retired club legends (Micky Higham etc) playing games of touch and pass with fans and kids on the beach. Free ice creams for the kids, proper fanzones at each ground/beach with sky presenters, bands, a few big name players (note: selling warm cans of fosters for £4 at a portakabin with a few wooden benches nearby is not a fanzone). You know, involve people and make it an event instead of plonking 6 games in a stadium that’s never ever full and saying there you go.

So see you at Blackpool for the next 20 years then 😉

Edited by AB Knight
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

How narrow minded, I know many York Fan's who watched most games both days , we as a club had 400+ loyal speccies for our game, fantastic couple of days and long may it continue 😀😀😀

I did say the majority, not all. I don’t  think, at any point, there’d be more than 2000 in a stadium that holds over 17000. It doesn’t look good on tv either, so many empty seats. My son commentated, where is everyone?

Edited by White Knight

It's good to win at home, but it's better to win away!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, White Knight said:

I did say the majority, not all. I don’t  think, at any point, there’d be more than 2000 in a stadium that holds over 17000. It doesn’t look good on tv either, so many empty seats. My son commentated, where is everyone?

When the cup final first went to Wembley the gate was about 40K, the first S/L grand final at O.T. was about half of what it is now, give it time and let it grow.

Edited by spanishknight
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, White Knight said:

I did say the majority, not all. I don’t  think, at any point, there’d be more than 2000 in a stadium that holds over 17000. It doesn’t look good on tv either, so many empty seats. My son commentated, where is everyone?

 

some of that is due to the camera position and where teams have their tickets allocated 

eg FEV v halifax grand final FEV fans filled stand behind camera so ground looked emty year after agianst sheffield  FEV filled satnd behind sticks and half stand opposite camers so ground looked fuller than the year before even though sheffield brought a lot less fans than halifax and at one bash bradford took about 5000 but they were behind camera so lots of empty spaces on view

no more than 2000 interesting  well every year FEV sell over 3000 tickets and in 2017 sold nearly 5000 

 

14 hours ago, White Knight said:

Summer bash. It could go for me. Blackpool is a dump and the ground is, by and large empty for most games, with the majority of fans only watching their own games. 

but for the bash you've got to look at the total attendances not just single matches so see if it's a success plus it put's championship games on the box

 

 

Attendances[edit]

Year City Stadium Attendance
2015 England Blackpool Bloomfield Road 15,671
2016 Increase 15,912
2017 Increase 16,444
2018 Decrease 11,805
2019 Increase 15,070

so looks like there was plenty of happy customers

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, White Knight said:

I did say the majority, not all. I don’t  think, at any point, there’d be more than 2000 in a stadium that holds over 17000. It doesn’t look good on tv either, so many empty seats. My son commentated, where is everyone?

If like me you'd have stayed to watch fax v bull's after our match you would have seen at least 6000 speccies enjoying a great contest😀😀😀

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me personally I like the bash, plenty of rugger and hitting the pleasure Beach. Gives me time to watch different sides and to meet fans from far and wide. I suppose while the figures stack up they'll keep doing it. If people didn't like it they wouldn't go. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, moorside roughyed said:

Me personally I like the bash, plenty of rugger and hitting the pleasure Beach. Gives me time to watch different sides and to meet fans from far and wide. I suppose while the figures stack up they'll keep doing it. If people didn't like it they wouldn't go. 

My 1st Summer bash this year , loved every minute , looking forward to meeting fan's like yourself again , roll on Blackpool 2020😀😀😀

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2019 at 20:02, spanishknight said:

Ìve been trying to work out Summer bash fixtures, think London will play Toulouse, Oldham v Swinton, Bulls v Fax and us against Fev again.

There doesn't appear to be a totally consistent formula for this. But I think that's probably as good a guess as any.
Batley v Dewsbury, this seems to be the one consistent fixture at the Bash for obvious reasons.
London v Toulouse, assuming London are staying full-time this seems the obvious game and a repeat of the 2018 meeting.
Leigh v Widnes, again a repeat of last year.
Fev v York and Bradford v Fax, ditto
Oldham v Swinton would be a repeat of 2016
leaving Sheffield v Whitehaven

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It can only work if they have a playoff for the imbalanced fixture so therefore a play off to get into the play offs and a play off for relegation etc


sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/10/2019 at 09:58, The Phantom Horseman said:

There doesn't appear to be a totally consistent formula for this. But I think that's probably as good a guess as any.
Batley v Dewsbury, this seems to be the one consistent fixture at the Bash for obvious reasons.
London v Toulouse, assuming London are staying full-time this seems the obvious game and a repeat of the 2018 meeting.
Leigh v Widnes, again a repeat of last year.
Fev v York and Bradford v Fax, ditto
Oldham v Swinton would be a repeat of 2016
leaving Sheffield v Whitehaven

 

This looks about right to me with the obligatory Dewsbury v Batley which has occurred at every summer bash


I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/10/2019 at 12:44, DEANO said:

It can only work if they have a playoff for the imbalanced fixture so therefore a play off to get into the play offs and a play off for relegation etc

I'd like to see SL12 relegated, CH1 promoted (SL12 = team at the bottom of SL and CH1 = Team top of the championship)

then play-offs with SL11, CH2, CH2, CH2 and CH2

Then similar for Championship relegation with league 1 promotion.

 


I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...