Centre - Worthington, Leeming

Utility Back - 

Half back - Hewitt

Prop - 

Hooker - Owen

Second Row - Langtree, Bridge

Loose Forward - 

Squad = 8

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Fullback - 

Wing - Johnson, Kay

Utility Back - 

Half back - Hewitt, Charnock

Prop - 

Hooker - Owen

Loose Forward - 

Squad = 9

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

46 minutes ago, tandle said:

on the barrow .forum on the 11th of oct raider 91 said on recruitment for 2020,  sign all the players who played for barrow last season bar charnock.?

Think that was because of the reduced wages bill though. Plus they want to keep a nucleus of local lads. 

1 hour ago, tandle said:

on the barrow .forum on the 11th of oct raider 91 said on recruitment for 2020,  sign all the players who played for barrow last season bar charnock.?

If you've signed him as a half back you'll be disappointed, he can't pass and runs the ball in like a forward. He did however play a few games at 13 and looked a much better player, despite his shortcomings he always gave 100% for us particularly defensively where he rarely misses a tackle. Hopefully a change of club does him some good! 

52 minutes ago, FailsworthYed said:

Think that was because of the reduced wages bill though. Plus they want to keep a nucleus of local lads. 

More like the guy hasn’t got a creative bone in his entire body. Definitely not the answer at 7 if that’s where you’re struggling. Like other barrow fans have said the guys a much better 13 as he’s an animal in defence 

1 hour ago, Barroooww said:

More like the guy hasn’t got a creative bone in his entire body. Definitely not the answer at 7 if that’s where you’re struggling. Like other barrow fans have said the guys a much better 13 as he’s an animal in defence 

We've got a good 7 already with pace and developing all the time. Maybe he'll be used at loose who knows we shall see

1 hour ago, UpTheRaiders said:

If you've signed him as a half back you'll be disappointed, he can't pass and runs the ball in like a forward. He did however play a few games at 13 and looked a much better player, despite his shortcomings he always gave 100% for us particularly defensively where he rarely misses a tackle. Hopefully a change of club does him some good! 

Hope a change of club is just what he needs.. Think he's been signed as a half back but time will tell 

I only said bar charnock because I knew he was leaving. I think you are getting a half with a point to prove, someone who gives 100% can play more than one position (6, 9 or 13). When we got promoted he made a huge difference people forget this, he had two bad injuries and suspensions. If he comes back fit I hope he goes really well for use.  

2 hours ago, Raider91 said:

I only said bar charnock because I knew he was leaving. I think you are getting a half with a point to prove, someone who gives 100% can play more than one position (6, 9 or 13). When we got promoted he made a huge difference people forget this, he had two bad injuries and suspensions. If he comes back fit I hope he goes really well for use.  

"use" ??????  WTF ?????

Fullback - 

Wing - Johnson, Kay

Utility Back - 

Prop - Spencer

Hooker - Owen

Loose Forward - 

Squad = 10

I think Charnock will really suit us whether he plays at 6 or at loose. His defence is excellent for a half and if we are realistic we are going to be defending a lot next season. A big body at 6 might be the way to go for us.  

Really happy so far with the squad. I think the key for us will be the props. Last time we went down because Joy and Neal missed the majority of the season and we were relying on young lads like Adebiyi or other dual regs which wasn't enough. Joy will hopefully sign this week but we need 6 props to compete consistently in the Championship.

Fullback - 

Wing - Johnson, Kay

Centre - Worthington, Leeming, Hutchings

Utility Back - 

Prop - Spencer

Hooker - Owen

Loose Forward - 

Squad = 11

Hutchings is an interesting signing. Really strong ball runner almost in the Ryan Hall mould with left hand carry. Not a speedster but very powerful.  Was very good in the academy origin last year and can play equally well on either wing.  

Archived