Kirsty McColl

1 minute ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Yep I have a thing about it.... Most people seem not to care so guess I'm the odd one! 

I have the same feeling about it. Is it because Kirsty McColl was involved?

Learn to listen without distortion and learn to look without imagination.

On 11/10/2019 at 10:43, Trojan said:

Her mother tried to get to the bottom of it, but of course the Mexican had much deeper pockets than she had. 

Kirsty was a huge talent.  I went to one of her birthday commemorations at Soho Square - it was very moving.

She was great - I think i crewed for her 5 or 6 times in  Reading, Milton Keynes and Northampton between 91 & 95, including a Xmas party event at Northampton Irish Centre Dec91 which was promoted by the guy who was Entertainments mgr for Reading Uni and was a brilliant night. Later on he took over running Northampton Roadmender (and my ex left uni and went to work for him) and I think i finally worked on a gig of hers supported by the Libertines (?) in summer/spring of 95 there

Did a quick search and def worked on these 2 in Northampton & Reading - the latter was a tiny 300 capacity venue

NORTHAMPTON Irish Centre

June 5, 1992. This venue closed its doors in 1997.

READING 21st South Street

June 6, 1992.

LONDON Fleadh (Finsbury Park)

June 7, 1992.

On Wednesday, October 16, 2019 at 14:52, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I know I'm in a minority but I hate it. 

Always depresses me.... The fake Irish accents make the whole thing so ungenuine too

I'm in agreement with you. A terrible record but the only blot on a remarkable career!!!

Archived