Tim Sheens

17 minutes ago, tuutaisrambo said:

Was interesting to see the announcement used their victory over Canberra in 89

Would have been weird not to, as they had celebrations of the 30th anniversary last week and Sheens was the Canberra coach back then. 

Just now, MADREDNIGE said:

What defines biggest team? 

Inflated ego.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Didn't expect that to be Sheens' next move, but it'll be interesting to see what he can do for them.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 hours ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

He didnt do well at Hull KR in my opinion and am not sure he is the right coach for Widnes at this time.

At least he won't cost them much.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

4 hours ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

He didnt do well at Hull KR in my opinion and am not sure he is the right coach for Widnes at this time.

Didn't he take them up, and keep them up?

I'm not saying he'll do the same with Widnes though.

Widnes - Cheshire's Original Glamour Club.

Can anyone tell me whether Widnes has any Super League quality players, or is planning to sign such players. And if so, who might they be?

Absent such players, Tim Sheens will be taking WIdnes nowhere in the Championship, especially with Toulouse, Featherstone, London, and possibly York dominating the competition.

23 hours ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

I think he is a coach that is good with quality Fulltime players. But how is he with a part time inexperienced squad?

My thoughts exactly - horses for courses was never a truer concept.

Archived