Craig Hall signs

Good to see full back covered early on. Should hopefully be a decent replacement for Golding. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

very good at Leigh. good boot on him too

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

16 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Good to see that there's no 'call back' clause.

Yep...reading between the lines, he signed an extension to the end of 2020 last June but that was just a few days after Sheens had left and Smith had become HKR's coach. By all accounts he didn't play as well in the 2nd half of the season under Smith as he had under Sheens.

On the face of it this looks like a very happy outcome for us...Smith clearly didn't see him in his plans but they couldn't just release him, presumably HKR will still be paying a chunk of his salary. He's a quality player and also has a degree of versatility, which helps when you run with a smallish squad.

An excellent signing - SL quality and can play in a number of different key positions.

I remember a few years ago watching him turn out for Wakey against us in a pre-season game at a dank PO Road, and thinking then what a good signing he might be for us, then along came Toronto..........

Well done Rovers, and welcome to the club Craig.

On 12/10/2019 at 10:50, Adam B said:

An excellent signing - SL quality and can play in a number of different key positions.

I remember a few years ago watching him turn out for Wakey against us in a pre-season game at a dank PO Road, and thinking then what a good signing he might be for us, then along came Toronto..........

Well done Rovers, and welcome to the club Craig.

Yep great signing.  I remember another pre season game at Belle Vue a few years back when he looked a different class.  Can get some serious distance on his goal kicks as well (Chisholm can kick them from anywhere but he makes me nervous).

On ‎15‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 10:40, GUBRATS said:

More a winger-centre than FB , gets caught out of position too much , but will score and set up a shed load of trys in the Championship 

A tried and tested player. Is a very good addition IMO.

On 12/10/2019 at 10:44, The Phantom Horseman said:

By all accounts he didn't play as well in the 2nd half of the season under Smith as he had under Sheens.

This is an interesting interview with the Hull Daily Mail. During the spell at the end of the season when Hall's form was viewed as having dipped, he was dealing with an ankle injury and was getting painkilling injections both before the game and at half time. I often think this is something that we as fans tend to underestimate, because clubs don't always disclose the nature of injuries as the opposition could look to exploit them.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/craig-hall-hull-kr-departure-3434021?fbclid=IwAR3cFN-uO4V8K1oK6t8gxV0X1mFjrZLni2bwPtSkhAeo1uo6QUxErIgwB-I

6 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

This is an interesting interview with the Hull Daily Mail. During the spell at the end of the season when Hall's form was viewed as having dipped, he was dealing with an ankle injury and was getting painkilling injections both before the game and at half time. I often think this is something that we as fans tend to underestimate, because clubs don't always disclose the nature of injuries as the opposition could look to exploit them.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/craig-hall-hull-kr-departure-3434021?fbclid=IwAR3cFN-uO4V8K1oK6t8gxV0X1mFjrZLni2bwPtSkhAeo1uo6QUxErIgwB-I

In that case it is obvious that they didn't C HALL they should have.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived