Ryan Carr's departure confirmed

No great surprise now of course but now confirmed he's going back to Australia.

The decision to leave Featherstone is down to family reasons, not a Rugby League decision. I base my decisions on the happiness and wellbeing of my family first with my Rugby League career coming second to that. I have to do what is best for my family which unfortunately means going back to Australia with my young family. I want to make sure I take care of them first and foremost as they are the most important part of my life.” 

https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/ryan-carr-heads-home-VZZ2b

Thanks for the memories, Ryan. A year we'll never forget.

10 minutes ago, gingdong said:

sorry not getting the family comes 1st bit, yes we all know the family comes 1st so why uproot a young family and take them half way round the world in the 1st place perhaps his family didnt come 1st when he made the original decision

Maybe they haven’t settled. ###### poor to make such a post without any idea of the full facts. Personally I’d like to thank Ryan for all his hard work and such a great season. 

1 hour ago, gingdong said:

sorry not getting the family comes 1st bit, yes we all know the family comes 1st so why uproot a young family and take them half way round the world in the 1st place perhaps his family didnt come 1st when he made the original decision

Never changed your mind on owt? 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

23 hours ago, gingdong said:

don't you think he talked it through with his family before accepting the post

or did he just say hey up r lass no if's or but's pack your bags were off to FEV  don't think so 

the family  must have been up for it because he signed a two year contract

unfortunately for what ever  reason it hasn't worked out and his family want him back home and as you don't know the facts maybe it;s something that's happened in oz and not FEV that warrant's his decision 

3 hours ago, POR said:

BAFFOON !!!!!!!!!!

don't you think he talked it through with his family before accepting the post

or did he just say hey up r lass no if's or but's pack your bags were off to FEV  don't think so 

the family  must have been up for it because he signed a two year contract

unfortunately for what ever  reason it hasn't worked out and his family want him back home and as you don't know the facts maybe it;s something that's happened in oz and not FEV that warrant's his decision 

just my opinion if that makes me a buffoon fair enough, got a good offer from oz, says hes leaving for family reasons after only 9 months, all bleeding heart rovers right on brigade swoon over him, anyone saying anything against is abused personally on social media (never in person) eye mr carrs not daft

5 minutes ago, gingdong said:

just my opinion if that makes me a buffoon fair enough, got a good offer from oz, says hes leaving for family reasons after only 9 months, all bleeding heart rovers right on brigade swoon over him, anyone saying anything against is abused personally on social media (never in person) eye mr carrs not daft

I'll call thi a daft 2@ to thi face.... no bother!!??

51 minutes ago, Gareth hock said:

Ryan Carr will be back in England as soon as there’s a super League head coach job up for grabs .

too right mate some people cant see the woods for the trees, hes left we move on but all this bleeding hearts good luck Ryan social media stuff not for me, if he gets offered a super league head coach job his family would suddenly find a way to be settled, hes pulled the family comes 1st card like his trump joker and all bleeding hearts rovers right on brigade are all over it like a rash, well done ryan

56 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Ryan Carr has done a great job for us, he’s moving on, don’t see an issue. And no issue with thanking him for the job he did last year. 

you dont i do , i could give plenty of reasons why i think its a problem  but cant be bothered problem seems if you go against the grain your a buffooon

Whoever the new Coach is , it must be much of an easier task than last year.Just walking in to a much done squad. It reminds me of all the good work and Team strengthening that Nigel Pearson did for Leicester City ( which nobody mentions which was a title winning Team ) and Ranieri appeared with a just let them get on with it attitude as they know what theyre doing. Hopefully a few more signings over the coming months to cover injuries but I generally believe with DR we have a really good Team for the Coach to work with. Hopefully Season Ticket sales will reflect this belief of a great season ahead.

2 hours ago, Blue Pike said:

Whoever the new Coach is , it must be much of an easier task than last year.Just walking in to a much done squad. It reminds me of all the good work and Team strengthening that Nigel Pearson did for Leicester City ( which nobody mentions which was a title winning Team ) and Ranieri appeared with a just let them get on with it attitude as they know what theyre doing. Hopefully a few more signings over the coming months to cover injuries but I generally believe with DR we have a really good Team for the Coach to work with. Hopefully Season Ticket sales will reflect this belief of a great season ahead.

How many is that over the past ten years?.

1 hour ago, saddleworth said:

How many is that over the past ten years?.

Just got a good feeling about next season. Will be disappointed if we don’t make the final tbh. I wouldn’t want to be anyone else apart from us next year. With the Team possibly 80% sorted I can’t see the Coach making that much difference imo

Archived