Ryan Carr's departure confirmed

8 minutes ago, Blue Pike said:

Just got a good feeling about next season. Will be disappointed if we don’t make the final tbh. I wouldn’t want to be anyone else apart from us next year. With the Team possibly 80% sorted I can’t see the Coach making that much difference imo

Do you not remember John Bastion?

Yes I do but think we have a better squad this time that are close knit. Think there were one or two individuals back then who publicly said they didn’t want to play for him even as we know he wasn’t up to the job as Coach. Think he was associated with Warrington wolves in a lesser role and MC took a liking to him.Still think its a Good Team for any Coach to walk into whoever it may be.By the way hope we have McClelland next season that would be a major plus.

4 hours ago, Blue Pike said:

Just got a good feeling about next season. Will be disappointed if we don’t make the final tbh. I wouldn’t want to be anyone else apart from us next year. With the Team possibly 80% sorted I can’t see the Coach making that much difference imo

Webster very nearly got Wakefield relegated, I would prefer to steer clear if we could.

1 hour ago, bigbaldnmad said:

Webster very nearly got Wakefield relegated, I would prefer to steer clear if we could.

To be fair so did Chester this season.

I am sure that if Webster doesn't come up to expectations he wont be here at the end of the season. In the meantime let us give him our full support and not look to put a downer on what has been a good ending to the year.

7 hours ago, gingdong said:

until he gets offered the saints job and she will suddenly be very settled

Aye alright if you say so.........stop being cynical 

Im Fev and im proud

2 hours ago, bigbaldnmad said:

He also saved them from relegation the year before, but to be fair every coach Wakefield have had in Super league has had a good start before it went down hill, then a new coach has come in and turned them around for a short while before he in turn starts to struggle. It's been like Groundhog Day, even with some very good coaches, so you can't take anyone's record at Wakefield as a yardstick.

8 minutes ago, Steve Slater said:

He also saved them from relegation the year before, but to be fair every coach Wakefield have had in Super league has had a good start before it went down hill, then a new coach has come in and turned them around for a short while before he in turn starts to struggle. It's been like Groundhog Day, even with some very good coaches, so you can't take anyone's record at Wakefield as a yardstick.

And very often its the contacts they have and he should have a few. Craig Hall for one.?

13 hours ago, Maureen T-k said:

Aye alright if you say so.........stop being cynical 

got the parramatta eals assistant job hasnt he now, wonder when that deal was negotiated wasnt last week was it???? try stop been so gullible would of thought better of him had he just come clean and not blame his wife

I very much doubt that Mrs Carrs homesickness was an overnight thing and I am sure Ryan, once he knew they were going home, let it be known to others that he would be available I am sure his reputation has been enhanced with his work here,  

He's laid the foundation for something good at POR with a quality squad just needs a new Coach to follow it through over to you Mr Campbell.

12 minutes ago, gingdong said:

got the parramatta eals assistant job hasnt he now, wonder when that deal was negotiated wasnt last week was it???? try stop been so gullible would of thought better of him had he just come clean and not blame his wife

Of course it wasn't negotiated last week. His wife's homesickness hasn't just come on and the club have clearly known about it for some time.

Steve Gill "It has been difficult for the club to keep Ryan’s request under wraps, however it was always important for both Ryan and the club not to release any details that would derail our efforts to get into Super League."

Archived