Saints in the NRL

Imagine Saint Helens gets picked up and moved to the Gold Coast (the World of Glass and everything) 

How would they get on? 

Incredible speed and organisation in defence. World class forwards, pivots coach etc

I think they'd be top half

How about when they play Roosters? If it's in England I'm definitley going this year... I think they could do it

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, ghost crayfish said:

That grand final definitely matched the NRL for quality and intensity. St Helens played a great game, and have been consistently outstanding all year. There's no reason they wouldn't be in the 8, and pushing for a top 4 spot. 

The game against the roosters is going to be tasty

3 minutes ago, ghost crayfish said:

Wigan gave the roosters a good game this year, and they're not even close to St Helens

If this Saints team play at 100% - (as they can do and have done at times this season) and the Roosters play at 80% then Saints will win - they are that good.

If Roosters bring their A game they will win.

Their last few efforts against NRL opposition didn't go to well,if they have home advantage against the Roosters next year they might be able to get within 2 scores,if it's in Sydney getting within 20 would be a good result.

1 hour ago, ghost crayfish said:

Wigan gave the roosters a good game this year, and they're not even close to St Helens

Wigan had two league games I think , and Roosters were still in preseason and came away and won comfy really 

Decent chance against the Roosters at home. If played in Sydney with the travel, time zones, heat, short turn around from the previous week etc probably lose by 30 + imo.

If you have a combined 17 of saints and roosters, how many saints would make it? I'd say Thompson, Roby, Makinson starting. Knowles and Walsmy on the bench. 

Thoughts?

8 minutes ago, AB90 said:

Decent chance against the Roosters at home. If played in Sydney with the travel, time zones, heat, short turn around from the previous week etc probably lose by 30 + imo.

If you have a combined 17 of saints and roosters, how many saints would make it? I'd say Thompson, Roby, Makinson starting. Knowles and Walsmy on the bench. 

Thoughts?

Outside chance against  a Roosters side who won't have played a competative game.

Thompson & Roby would be the only ones to get in.

3 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Outside chance against  a Roosters side who won't have played a competative game.

Thompson & Roby would be the only ones to get in.

Think you being a bit harsh! I would take Makinson over Brett Morris any day if the week. Walmsley is better than Tetevano. Imo Knowles would there or there abouts on the bench

3 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Imagine Saint Helens gets picked up and moved to the Gold Coast

They will once he sees his transfer budget.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Blimey, 22 posts in and no Allora? He should have been on this subject like a flash, informing us that even the Titans reserve team would put 50 points on Saints every time.

Is he okay?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

12 minutes ago, dkw said:

Roosters just got outplayed by a team with an English core, saints will go well against them. 

An outstanding Canberra who at times outplayed them but only scored 1 try.Saints would have to get them at home before they have a competitive game to get close.

The biggest advantage is when the WCC is played , before the Premiers have got going at all . But it says a fair bit that for that , and even it’s here Roosters would be favourites and expected to win . Roosters are the best well drilled club side on the planet right now by a fair way 

Archived