Sean O'Loughlin to miss Lions Tour

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Mmm interesting , he really doesn’t rate Percival ( still ) .  Not sold on Philbin personally , just my view , and there’s five props there already . And still think Trueman has some way to go , and there’s three halfbacks there so tough to see him playing much part . 

Agree re: Philbin. 5 other potential halves as well as Trueman (Austin, Hastings, Lomax, Widdop and Williams) - maybe they expect some attrition in these 2 spots? Alternatively, Trueman is along for the ride to get the feel of the international squad, maybe pick up a bench spot in one of the games?

1 hour ago, Jim Prendle said:

As they have all been selected in the squad, he will probably go with Coote at FB, Austin at 6 and Hastings at 7.

Can someone in the Wigan/Leigh area please go and check on Harry and make sure he's ok.

There might be a supporters tour to NZ going cheap.

So our only 2 wingers are McGillvary and Hall and only 2 natural centres in the squad too.............the outside backs look very light. I also cannot understand picking Hardaker - not only has his form been average but his disciplinary record is awful. I wouldn't have him near the squad. I can't understand why Ratchford isn't there - is he injured?

I'm not convinced by Philbin but I reckon they've gone for him to offer some beef in the middle against the Pacific Islanders which is fair enough

1 minute ago, DoubleD said:

So our only 2 wingers are McGillvary and Hall and only 2 natural centres in the squad too.............the outside backs look very light. I also cannot understand picking Hardaker - not only has his form been average but his disciplinary record is awful. I wouldn't have him near the squad. I can't understand why Ratchford isn't there - is he injured?

I'm not convinced by Philbin but I reckon they've gone for him to offer some beef in the middle against the Pacific Islanders which is fair enough

Indeed , I can only think unfortunately that Wayne still eyes Bateman up as the cover there 

5 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Indeed , I can only think unfortunately that Wayne still eyes Bateman up as the cover there 

It seems likely yes.

But the big picture is that Bennett has coached England to the world cup final and a very narrow loss to Australia and subsequently 4 wins from 5 including 3 from 4 against New Zealand. 

He has these strange selections but its not a horrible time to support England/Great Britain... and we have had a few horrible times.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

4 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

It seems likely yes.

But the big picture is that Bennett has coached England to the world cup final and a very narrow loss to Australia and subsequently 4 wins from 5 including 3 from 4 against New Zealand. 

He has these strange selections but its not a horrible time to support England/Great Britain... and we have had a few horrible times.

Oh yes , I question that decision individually but I’m not one who questions Bennett . He’s got the CV which is unrivalled by anyone around and has undoubtedly had a positive effect in the whole . The ANZAC sides at present aren’t way in front of us as before 

3 hours ago, Loiner said:

Marshall spends more time with his arms in the air complaining and moaning. He's a along way down the pecking order when the others are all fit. For me Makinson and Johnstone/ Manfredi if he ever stays fit are the stand outs.

He also spends an awful lot of time putting the ball down over the line.

Just wait till Gale turns up at your place next year if you want a master class in arm waving.

On 14/10/2019 at 19:15, Jim Prendle said:

He also spends an awful lot of time putting the ball down over the line.

Just wait till Gale turns up at your place next year if you want a master class in arm waving.

Ha ha point taken you are quite correct on both counts.

Archived