Jump to content

Recommended Posts

The film circulating on Facebook of Nelson Asofa Solomon’s outside a club while on holiday in Bali looks pretty damning if it does turn out to have been him. Currently the film alleges it is him.

Who in their right mind would start an argument with him?
Anyway Storm have referred it to NRL Integrity Unit.


189260679_ATeam60pc.png.e5447b689881f9d6f22576f54cb1cac9.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The story seems to be that someone attacked Vunivalu then NAS retaliated. Most versions appear to be behind paywalls so I only read the precis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Graham said:

Who in their right mind would start an argument with him

Well indeed , obviously you wouldn’t be ! Geez he’d knock you into the middle of next month or worse 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These guys are obviously not NRL fans if you’re messing with these blokes . As Vossy said if they lived next to me I’d volunteer to take their bins in 

Edited by DavidM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 Nelson Asofa-Solomona is set to miss New Zealand’s three upcoming Tests following his Bali brawl controversy over the weekend, according to The Sydney Morning Herald. 

The NRL Integrity Unit conducted an investigation into the altercation, with the prop flying home on Monday morning to talk to the Storm.

Asofa-Solomona reportedly conceded that he had done the wrong thing, but claimed that he was sticking up for Storm teammate Suliasi Vunivalu, who was allegedly king-hit by a drunken patron.

There was a push for him to be banned from international footy for the next month, but he will now sit out clashes against Australia in the Trans-Tasman Test in Wollongong on Friday week, before a double-header against Great Britain.

The official findings from the investigation are expected to be handed out before Friday’s World Cup Nines tournament commences.

Bit harsh that!

What was he supposed to do, stand by and watch his team mate attacked and then call for an ambulance?

  • Like 1

189260679_ATeam60pc.png.e5447b689881f9d6f22576f54cb1cac9.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/10/2019 at 11:36, Graham said:

Bit harsh that!

What was he supposed to do, stand by and watch his team mate attacked and then call for an ambulance?

Agree , if some to$$pot threw a cowardly one and tried to get away he got what he deserved . Big Nelson didn’t start any ructions , but got some retribution for his mate on the wrong end of some . He should have knocked the blokes top set out ... then called for an ambulance , or two . And the bloke would have learnt a valuable lesson on drink , violence and cowardly stupidity 

Edited by DavidM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

District court judge and former NRL judiciary chairman Paul Conlon says Nelson Asofa-Solomona would have likely avoided police charges in Australia had he acted the way he did outside a Bali bar.

And the only way the NRL could now suspend or issue Asofa-Solomona a fine was if they were convinced he had not acted in self defence.

On the same day Asofa-Solomona's teammate Josh Addo-Carr spoke about the Storm's end-of-season holiday and how the players had not encountered a single drama until the weekend incident, Conlon threw his support behind the Kiwi prop who is expected to learn his fate in the next 24 hours.

Asofa-Solomona said he was simply defending Storm winger Suliasi Vunivalu who had been king hit by a drunken patron. Vunivalu received two cuts to his face and was expected to join the Fijian World Cup 9s team in western Sydney on Wednesday afternoon.


189260679_ATeam60pc.png.e5447b689881f9d6f22576f54cb1cac9.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While Paul Gallen says he would have done the same as NAS in those circumstances, Greenberg says players should just walk away when trouble is brewing.

The thing is, trouble can brew suddenly like in a moment of madness and walking away isn’t an option. In this case it had happened and NAS was protecting a team mate. We know where Greenberg is coming from, he doesn’t want an off-season of bad publicity for the NRL like last year. This though is different. NAS wasn’t drunk and disorderly he had been good to fans in the day and was just not prepared to stand by in his teammate’s time of need.

One solution does not fit all situations Mr Greenberg.

Edited by Graham

189260679_ATeam60pc.png.e5447b689881f9d6f22576f54cb1cac9.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greenberg strikes again!! Has no idea on the reality of life or how to run a Sports Organization.. our teammate is punched and threatened with a bottle. And Greenberg thinks you should walk away!Thats typical of spineless Greenberg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So as trailed in the last day or two Nelson Asofa-Solomona's punishment has been confirmed:

He has been suspended for the three upcoming Test matches, in which he was due to represent New Zealand, and handed a suspended fine of $15,000 after he was shown throwing punches in a street brawl in Bali.

The upside is that he's clear to start next season in Round 1.

The downside is that the punishment is over the top and doesn't reflect the true situation he and his friend were in.


189260679_ATeam60pc.png.e5447b689881f9d6f22576f54cb1cac9.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really NAS gets band from the Kiwis Tests for what appears to be sticking up for a friend who got a punch he didnt see coming and was almost glassed on a Melbourne Storm end of season trip. This dosnt make sense if i was NAS id get a lawyer and contest NRL playing Judge Jury and executioner, when he was sticking up for friend and Greenberg virtue signalling BS, then the ban the NRL gives causes no loss to there product with NAs free to ply in round one next year but is served by the Kiwis side losing one of best forwards... whole thing stinks.

Edited by kiwis 13 6
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kiwis 13 6 said:

, then the ban the NRL gives causes no loss to there product with NAs free to ply in round one next year but is served by the Kiwis side losing one of best forwards... whole thing stinks.

That is exactly the point that came to my mind. That decision from the NRL was as cowardly as the actions of the guys that attacked Vuni.

Can’t wait till a high NRL exec is caught on camera.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...