D.R.

spanishknight

Had to have a bit of a think about this as I'm not a fan of DR at all. If you look at last season, we needed a few loans and ended up borrowing players like Cain Southernwood, Danny King, Lewis Heckford, Harry Aldous - all players from lower down the ladder than us.

Hopefully this DR with Cas will now mean we now get access to players on the fringe of SL when we need them due to injuries etc rather than borrowing players who aren't getting a game at League 1 clubs.

As long as it's used like that then fair dos.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

2 hours ago, Simon Hall said:

Had to have a bit of a think about this as I'm not a fan of DR at all. If you look at last season, we needed a few loans and ended up borrowing players like Cain Southernwood, Danny King, Lewis Heckford, Harry Aldous - all players from lower down the ladder than us.

Hopefully this DR with Cas will now mean we now get access to players on the fringe of SL when we need them due to injuries etc rather than borrowing players who aren't getting a game at League 1 clubs.

Worked well for Fev this season. They had four D/R players in the side that beat us in the play-off, and I think the same four in the league match at BC. Some real quality too.

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

3 hours ago, Simon Hall said:

If it works like it did with KR i won't have a problem with the DR 

1 hour ago, POR said:

with dr  you will need to get the same agreement with c#s like the one FEV have with leeds in that FEV pick players they need to cover injuries  not players leeds need to play

iam sure fordy will have it all sussed out

Simple fact is the sport is short of players at present, so needs must. 

Hopefully summat constructive like the reserve league can do some good and boost numbers, are there any plans to have a York reserve's again?  Hope so cos I think its badly needed, if we are aiming to be a top end championship team long term.

10 hours ago, Nearenough said:

Simple fact is the sport is short of players at present, so needs must. 

Hopefully summat constructive like the reserve league can do some good and boost numbers, are there any plans to have a York reserve's again?  Hope so cos I think its badly needed, if we are aiming to be a top end championship team long term.

to do that you will have to go down the expansion route and tell RFL you wil get all of north yorks playing

FEV had reserves this season who regularly beat super greed teams  no league table but FEV won a lot more than they lost but RFL told FEV not wanted in new league  being replaced by newcastle who rfl said wouldn't be raiding community clubs but could get heartland players studying in newcastle in their team  best bit we had a lad studying at newcastle in the team who is  going back to FEV Lions not newacastle resreves ?

Archived