RLIF rebrand to IRL

Pulga

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will still be called RLIF, LRIF, IRL, RFLI etc on the forums like it has been for years.

International Rugby League brings more focus to the Rugby for the everyday potential new fan. It’s now appears to be an international rugby group.

I only hope they get a decent agency on board for the rebrand. Hopefully the Agency that did the NRL branding. 

I have no faith in Nigel Wood being able to brief such a task.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

14 minutes ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

Looks like change for no real reason. Should have kept it as RLIF. I am still waiting to see what exactly the RLIF do at grassroots level and how exactly it helps Nations like Serbia, Canada, Netherlands, Mexico, Brazil and Argentina.

I can't speak for any of those nations in particular. I have worked with a few other nations though and I also don't know what they do to help them.

new rise.jpg

I liked the Rugby League International Federation but RLIF as a spoken acronym doesn’t roll off the tongue unfortunately. 

IRL does. 

World Rugby has done a fantastic job with their rebrand. No need for an acronym when the name is succinct. 

The good thing about IRL is that it’s 3 syllables, whereas WRL would be 5.

6 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Speaking of the IRL, how is our application to be a permanent member of Sports Accord going etc?

Don't ask difficult questions! These things take time and numerous meetings luncheons/dinners.

Ask again around 2030?

24 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Speaking of the IRL, how is our application to be a permanent member of Sports Accord going etc?

also speaking of IRL... hows this border plan thingy looking? :kolobok_ph34r:

10 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

No need to include the word "league". The other code never bothers and also it gives the impression that it's a league for international rugby.

I'd have gone with the International Rugby Association.

Mate you have not thought the acronym for that name through!

4 hours ago, 17 stone giant said:

No need to include the word "league". The other code never bothers and also it gives the impression that it's a league for international rugby.

There's very few acronyms that are more associated with one thing than 'IRL', the acronym for International Rugby Association is one of them, it may also then have knock on implications for the Sport Accord registration.

1 hour ago, Chamey said:

There's very few acronyms that are more associated with one thing than 'IRL', the acronym for International Rugby Association is one of them, it may also then have knock on implications for the Sport Accord registration.

Actually I've come round to it, we can be the International Rugby Association whilst t'other code can be the Rugby Union Council with its grassroots members joining Union Volunteer Federation.

28 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Actually I've come round to it, we can be the International Rugby Association whilst t'other code can be the Rugby Union Council with its grassroots members joining Union Volunteer Federation.

And that new group that sprung up and causing issues for the International Rugby Association can become the Provisional International Rugby Association to stop all the confusion. 

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

we can be the International Rugby Association whilst t'other code can be the Rugby Union Council with its grassroots members joining Union Volunteer Federation.

I've spotted a problem with those suggestions - it's that you've mentioned rugby union too much, so there's now a risk of this thread being moved to the cross code forum.

Its some of the worst branding ive ever seen. The logo is like the old Auckland Rugby League font, with the 3d effect. So bad, so so bad...

It's all over facebook. Im hoping thats a holding thing, but its on the launch video.

Why didn't they just call it 'The Rugby League' anyway. Its a league of nations.

‘The most important element of the new brand is the prominent placement of the full name of the sport, which will contribute to greater recognition of rugby league as a sovereign, autonomous sport and enhance global visibility.’

https://philcaplan.wordpress.com/2019/10/16/international-rugby-league-congress-welcomes-renewed-vision-of-global-conversion-with-new-brand-and-digital-platforms/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

5 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

The most important element of the new brand is the prominent placement of the full name of the sport, which will contribute to greater recognition of rugby league as a sovereign, autonomous sport and enhance global visibility.’

I was just thinking exactly that....

On 15/10/2019 at 12:38, 17 stone giant said:

IRA ?  Already taken, pal.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

Archived