RLIF rebrand to IRL

Pulga

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Board and the membership have agreed that it is right to change our name and identity to better represent our position as a bold, modern and dynamic international sports federation

Vomit-inducing. A name change does nothing of the sort. 

At least when it was the RLIF, it didn't have to compete with a much more popular abbreviation (in real life). 

11 minutes ago, Mr Wind Up said:

At least when it was the RLIF, it didn't have to compete with a much more popular abbreviation (in real life). 

TBH I'd never heard of it used as an abbreviation of "in real life"... maybe my age... I did think Ireland Rugby League though!

13 minutes ago, Mr Wind Up said:

I like it even more considering that. Makes our events the In Real Life Rugby League World Cup

That must have took some brainstorming , brand experts , PR advisors ,focus group sessions , and money invested .. we are the body for international rugby league , what about calling ourselves international rugby league . Brilliant ! Why am I thinking of W1A ?

Just now, Tommygilf said:

Its RLI iirc luckily

yep it is RLI 

But as a knee jerk reaction to IRL i though Ireland Rugby League... and now just Ireland (which really was just staring us in the face)! I think they may have made a boob!

Just now, paulwalker71 said:

Wouldn't to have made sense to have the branding package, logo and everything else actually ready before they announced it?

Its like a kids at Christmas, just so excited!!.. "please can i just open one present, i'll leave the rest until tomorrow?!"

Just now, RP London said:

yep it is RLI 

But as a knee jerk reaction to IRL i though Ireland Rugby League... and now just Ireland (which really was just staring us in the face)! I think they may have made a boob!

I think it will depend on how its spoken about tbh. The IRL sounds like it could be used like the NRL and I think that works well enough. Don't see any obvious other choice to be honest.

1 minute ago, RP London said:

Its like a kids at Christmas, just so excited!!.. "please can i just open one present, i'll leave the rest until tomorrow?!"

It's amateurish.

I do a bit of design stuff myself, and whenever I see headlines about a rebranding, I just naturally scroll down to see the actual branding. To see 'we will be rolling out the branding in coming months', you just think 'WHAT?'...?

Get the branding done, THEN announce it. It's not rocket science. Nobody announces that they are going to do a rebrand, they do the rebrand!

4 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I think it will depend on how its spoken about tbh. The IRL sounds like it could be used like the NRL and I think that works well enough. Don't see any obvious other choice to be honest.

TBH i'm not really sure what was wrong with the RLIF... they just needed to actually do some work... at least we know what they've been doing for the last year.. 

15 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

It's amateurish.

I do a bit of design stuff myself, and whenever I see headlines about a rebranding, I just naturally scroll down to see the actual branding. To see 'we will be rolling out the branding in coming months', you just think 'WHAT?'...?

Get the branding done, THEN announce it. It's not rocket science. Nobody announces that they are going to do a rebrand, they do the rebrand!

Maybe an ' our league ' competition ?

17 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

It needs the NRL to work with the IRL , isn't that half the problem?

Archived