20 Oct: England Knights v Jamaica KO 3pm

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 15/10/2019 at 08:43, Tommygilf said:

Only chance I'll get to see some live international RL this year (which is shocking really but lets not dwell on that) and its v cheap too. So who's going to Headingley on Sunday?

Someone might have to nip next door and borrow the cricket scoreboard.

3 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Someone might have to nip next door and borrow the cricket scoreboard.

I think you'll be surprised by Jamaica..

on paper they can put together a squad with enough talent to easily hold their own against any of the 2nd tier nations..

Yeah England should win but it won't be by loads...12-16pts I reckon 

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

8 hours ago, burnleywelsh said:

Any news on the match day squads ?

Jamaica squad here - quite a few SL and Championship players in it. 

It would be great if them being in the 2021 World Cup helps to engage more of the UK Jamaican community in RL and gets the grassroots game off the ground over there. 

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/jamaica-name-strong-squad-to-face-england-knights/

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

Jamaica squad here - quite a few SL and Championship players in it. 

It would be great if them being in the 2021 World Cup helps to engage more of the UK Jamaican community in RL and gets the grassroots game off the ground over there. 

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/jamaica-name-strong-squad-to-face-england-knights/

2 Senior club competitions (The Division 2 expansion comp kicks off next week with 8 clubs, NCC has 6), above that the Parish Of Residence (Like state of origin), under that Intercol (Universities has 6 teams), Under 19 High schools is running with 2 divisions and 8 teams, under that Under 16 and Under 14.There are at least a couple of thousand registered participant in Jamaica.

The grass roots has been there for years, Romeo, Roy and the team have done wonders with basically no funding.

They beat the USA with a fully domestic squad.

To give you an indication, if you threw $1000 US at them, it would pay a full time development officer for a year.

I support what you say, but It would be a bigger thing to engage the wider Jamaican community in Jamaica, they have talent, and new comers want to play, its just needs some funding to expand. The issue is not about getting grass roots off the ground, but getting exposure of the sport to these kids in more remote areas.

If they keep going, Jamaica will be producing some guns in the next ten years,

• John Drake changed the title to 20 Oct: England Knights v Jamaica KO 3pm
  • John Drake pinned this topic
2 hours ago, bentleyman said:

Hope so I couldn't be bothered to register on the whinos website ticket office !!

Same. I had a go at buying one adult and two children's tickets and it tried charging me for three adults tickets. Would rather just pay on the gate.

Hmm, I mainly stream these matches via Twitch, because the OurLeague stream is still glitchy and buffers a lot for me. Do I pay the fee and quite possibly spend most of the match reloading and buffering, or do I give it a swerve this time and wait 'til the OurLeague service is more useable?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Godzilla said:

I'm not paying for OurLeague. The service doesn't justify it.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just re-reading the Our League page, it refers to '...coverage of all three men's internationals will be available for an Early Bird price of only £2.49'.

This could be interpreted as £2.49 per match, or £2.49 for all three matches, which would be a really good deal if it included Samoa v Fiji and Fiji v Papua New Guinea.

Can anyone confirm either way?

9 hours ago, bentleyman said:

Hope so I couldn't be bothered to register on the whinos website ticket office !!

Don't do that. It took me years to shake them off. They seem to get round all sorts of "unsubscribe" and 'send to junk' moves. It's quite an achievement. I even emailed them and threatened to sue.
They visit you in your nightmares until the end of time after you buy a single ticket to a game.

Archived